Chapter 12

Tanner's POV

I slowly wake up, finding Luna laying beside me. I turn her around slowly. When I do, she smacks my hand away. She snuggles into my chest, pulling the blankets up over her head. I chuckle and slowly pull the blankets off.

She looks up at me with sleepy eyes. "What do you want?"

I try being dramatic, gasping. "I'm hurt. I just wanted to see my beautiful and wonderful mate."

She glares at me. "You couldn't of just left me alone and let me sleep?"

I kiss her lips softly, making her sigh. "Nope."

When I pull away, she has a slight smile on her face. She slowly rolls over and gets up. I groan. I was really hoping we could just lay in bed for a while.

"You should have thought of that before waking me up." I laugh, knowing she is right. I slowly get up and watch her walk into the bathroom. She comes out with a different sweatshirt on and some more leggings. These were a bit more conservative, but still.

"Luna, please change into something other than leggings."

She looks at me for a second. "But I don't want to."

I walk over to her. "Luna, please change."

"But...."

"It's either you change, or I will make you."

She groans and walks into the bathroom, grabbing a pair of sweatpants. I smile when she walks back out with the legging in hand. She tosses them on the bed and walks out the door with me right behind her. We walk around the hallways and finally outside. Looking at her curiously, she smiles at me, twirling around. I smile at her, and go over to her.

"Luna, could we go inside?"

"Why? We could stay out here for a while. I just love the outside."

I smile down at her. She looks around and just observes everything. My men were training and some of the women were taking a walk. My pack was back to normal.

I grab her arm lightly and lead her over to some of the ladies.

"Ladies."

"Alpha."

They all bow in respect and I nod in acknowledgement. "Ladies, this is my mate Luna. She is also the foreseer." They all bow to her and she looks shocked. I smile at the ladies, knowing that she hasn't been formally taken into the pack as their luna yet, but they still treat her with respect.

"Um... you don't have to do that."

"Do what Luna?" One of the ladies asks.

"Bow. I may be your alpha's mate and the foreseer, but on the inside I am just like you. Trust me."

"Oh, we know. We just want to show you respect."

"Well, thank you. And please don't think me rude for not accepting it. I am just not used to it, nor do I think I deserve it. I have not earned it yet."

I stare at Luna in awe. She always knew what to say, and how to say it. I am amazed at how she does this sometimes. She never seems to not know what to say. Even I have times like this. They are mostly when she is around, but still.  

The ladies all smile at her. She smiles back. "Luna, would you like to join the ladies for some afternoon snacks and coffee?" I look at the lady who asked this. It was my older sister, Carroll. I smile at her, silently thanking her for inviting Luna.

Luna looks up at me for approval, and I smile and nod.

"Sure!"

Carroll grabs her arm and practically drags them off. I smile, knowing she is in good hands. I sigh, going back into the house and into my office. I needed to get some paperwork done and call back some alphas.