13: Princess of the Streets

*Monday*

Shawna

"We need to do this." Audrina tells me for the forth time because I been ignoring her for hours. "I mean Shawna we been tryna fix this screw-up for almost a year now and I think that if we do this it can finally end all this bullshit and we can go away....and have some us time." She wraps her hands around my waist and kisses my neck. I been neglecting my time with Audrina who I been in a relationship with for three years now.

"Audrina...I swore that I wouldn't do that shit no more. I swore on my mama." I looked her in the eyes. I could tell she really wanted to just end this shit for good but if that meant I had to go outta my promise and kill another bitch, I don't think I can do it. Not even for her. "We can go outta town anytime Audrie this is more important." I walk away. "I mean, his spot got robbed pretty badly. They took a lot of shit that he couldn't even replace, that hurt a lot of us. I ain't been making the right money." I shake my head.

"But his shit was robbed a whole year ago, why can't he just let it go and rebuild?"

"You don't understand..." This was part of the reason why I didn't really see myself with Audrina, she really wasn't no hood bitch. She didn't understand the reality behind the life I lived. I been in this since I was thirteen and I learned so much in the coming of years like you can't just get over it and rebuild an empire you built without getting the muhfucker who screwed you over. "The even more fucked up part is that he don't even know who did it, you know? It's crazy when you learned that you can't even trust the people you call yo team." I grab my phone strolling through my contacts and stopping at his number. "I think I'ma call him..."

"You should, and let him tell you what to do. Because sometimes you forget that this isn't your team to run Shawna it's his and makes the decisions so if he tells you to hunt that bitch down and kill her you need to do it. Whether or not you want too or whether or not it's gonna change the situation....it's what the boss wants bae." She kisses me as I put the phone to my ear and listens to it ring.

"...Hey Shawna. What's up?" He greets. I smile and walk away from Audrina.

"Hey..boss. We need to talk." I say immediately after I get into another room.

"Woah, nothing wrong with the baby is it?" I smile.

"No...It's fine." I whisper into the phone. "I'm talking about with the situation with...what happened. Because you asking me to kill some girl after I already said I wouldn't because of the....baby." I admit staring at my belly.

He sighs, "Uh, yeah I been thinking about that. I feel a little fucked up for asking you to even do something like that while you carrying my seed. So I decided to let that lil bitch you egging on handle that. She seems like she really wants to be a G bitch so let her catch her first body." My heart races.

"...She ain't ready for any of that....get somebody else to do it." I defend her.

"...Are you questioning my decision? I think I know what I want and she is who I want to handle the job. It's you or her." I roll my eyes aggravated that he would even have me make that kind of decision.

"Yeah. I hear you." He disconnects the call and place my hands on my stomach. "I'm I really going to put my baby's life at risk to protect my girlfriend's?" I questioned myself. I walked back into the livingroom, not looking Audrina in her face because I felt like I was betraying her.

"Well what he say Shawna?" She gets annoyed with my long silence. I made up my mind that I wasn't gone tell her the truth since that a probably mean I'll have to tell her about the baby.

"He told me that I need to just body the bitch." I admit. She hops off the couch and danced her way over to me excitedly. "You...like when I kill bitches don't you?" I push her away from me.

"Come on Shawna this is your life right? Some you used to doing so why you actin' all Holy all of a sudden?" As much as I wanted to scream to her it was because of the child that I was about to bring into this world and I didn't wanna be behind bars not able to watch my baby grow up or being targeting and them coming after my kid, I didn't want that so my goal was to just lay low and do some easy clean work but this has to be my last dirty job.

"Yeah you right...you right. I guess after awhile you get tired of the same ole shit...I done put some many people in their grave in my life I lost count. After about the third person the adrenaline is gone." I truthfully tell her heading to the couch to rest my feet.

"....I wish I knew that feeling...." She cuddles up next to me and I shift to look at her face. "What?" She smirks.

"You don't want that kind of shit weighing on your mind trust me baby." I kiss her forehead. "I need to call Asia." I dial her number and put it on speaker. "Yo Asia....we back on finding that bitch, make sure that you on that hoe Bella she needs to find her ASAP. Boss orders." I hang up and finish cuddling with Audrina.

"....You ready for her?...maybe you can let-"

I cut her off, "Stop Audrie, I got this and it's my job to handle....I got this alri-" I jump off the couch and run to the bathroom, throwing up my insides.

"Bae you good?" She follows behind me. I nod and clean my mouth out in the sink. "I think all this killing shit got you sick Shawna, I really think you need to let-"

"Stop it Audrie! I got this, okay." I slam the medicine cabinet close and exit the bathroom.

"Why are you actin' crazy, like your life is depending on this or something? I know he'll understand if you get somebody else to kill the bitch." The words that he told me on the phone earlier keep racing in my head and all I can imagine is him coming after Audrina if I didn't do this.

"No matter how sick it's making me, this is something I need to do....for you." I admit to her and she looks me up and down confused on what I was hinting but I needed for her to stay on the other side for now, at least until all this over and done with. "And I promise after all this, we a go away to what ever private island you like bae me and you." I kiss her.