21: A Friend Lost, A Life Created

*Tuesday*

Bella

Tears continued to pour out of my eyes as I wait in the lobby for some news. It's been four hours since them bitches ran up in the hospital room and shot up the place. Thank God my babies weren't hurt in the mix but unfortunately Brandon was shot in his left leg so he was in the incubator under observation, after they removed the bullet. Police just left asking me billions of questions. I gave them all the information I knew without giving away to much because the last thing I wanted was them to be after me or my kids.

"Excuse me? Are you here for Ms. Roberts?" A short white nurse came through the double doors and stopped right in front of me.

"Yes I am." I say as tears continue to fill my eyes.

"...I'm sorry but the doctors wanted me to tell you that they are doing everything that they can and the chances of her waking up are slim." She frowns and I rubs my back as I sit back down placing my head in my lap while I cried. "I'm so sorry." She says lastly before heading back but I stopped her before she could get far.

"How is the baby?" I wrap my hands around my knees and bit my lip nervously while I waited for her response.

"Well the bullet was removed and he is still breathing fine with the help of the incubator but since he did lose a lot of blood he could be in there for months." I nod and continue to rock back and forth. Camden who was sitting next to me tried to wrapped his tiny arms around me and kissed my cheek softly.

"What's wrong mommy?" He asks with his head laid against mine. "Stop crying." He rubs my head. His sweet gestures make me cry even harder because I just couldn't believe that my one year old was this helpful when I had nobody else right now. I placed him in my lap and we just cuddled for awhile, while people entered and exited the hospital. After about an hour of just sitting in the lobby I was awaken from my short nap by the crying of Camille. Cam was knocked out so I laid him down on the couch next to me.

"Shhhhh." I pick her up and rock her gently. "Don't wake up your brother." I tell her. I didn't have time to make no milk so I had to whip out my breast and feed her. I put a blanket over us so that nobody would be weirded out by me feeding my child. I started to drift back off into a warm sleep when somebody woke me back up.

"Can you tell me where Mia is...Mia Roberts?" A tall muscular man asked me. I didn't recognize him so I just continued to feed Camille. "I'm her fiance." He finishes. He must be Brandon. I slowly gaze back up at him and with a mind full of questions I knew that it wasn't the time for that. "I just got news of what happened. She's been missing from Palm Springs for weeks now and she's pregnant....can you please tell me what's going on if you know?" I can see the sorrow and pain in his eyes.

Before I could answer I broke down into tears, "...The doctors are saying that her chances of waking up are slim....." Camille was just about done eating so I put her back into her car seat and put away my breast.

"Wh-what happened? Did they have to remove the baby...emergency C-section?" He questioned.

"She went into labor hours ago and they came in the hospital room after she gave birth to him....he was shot in the leg, I'm sorry." I grab his hand. He took a seat next to me trying his hardest to swallow the news but I could tell he just couldn't.

"He's in the incubator...they say he's fine but he lost a lot of blood." Before I could grasp the idea myself he threw hisself on me and burst out in tears. I just held his hurt soul. His tears soaked the shoulder of my T-shirt. I finally gathered up the courage to ask him questions. "...How did you meet Mia?"

"She came to Palm Springs not to long ago and we just...clicked. She told me she was escaping something so I helped her for a few months and we started from there." He sniffles in between words. "I love that girl with all my heart...I wanna marry her and start a family....we had plans you know? And all that is being snatched away from me." He shakes his head.

"...I'm her best friend by the way." I tell him. "She left a year ago and this is my first time seeing her since. I understand how you feel trust me. I didn't expect that when she finally came back home she would be laying up ina hospital fighting for her life."

"Are these your kids?"

"Yeah...Camden and Camille." I look over at Camden who is still knocked out and Camille who was just smiling, playing with her feet. I admired them for a minute before giving my attention back to him. I loved being able to call these kids my own. They really was a joy to have in my life.

"How old are they?"

"Camden is 1 and She is five months."

"...Do you know what she named my son?"

"...After you....Brandon Jr." He fought back the tears when I told him but his lip quivered dramatically. "She gone be okay, everything is going to be okay Brandon..." I consoled him.

We sat in the waiting room for another few hours and Camden was starting to wake up from his nap.

"...I'm hungary mommy." He rubbed his sleepy eyes. I knew that it was time for me to go home. "Are you good here by yourself?" I checked with Brandon before I got up to leave.

"...Yeah....thanks for taking care of her. I really appreciate it." He hugs me. Lifting up Camille's car seat from the couch next to me and grabbing Camden's hand I started out of the hospital.

"DOCTOR! WE LOST THE PATIENT! WE NEED TO RESUSCITATE HER IMMEDIATELY!" The nurse came rushing through the double doors. I stopped and watched them rush back in the ER together and they only thing I was thinking while these doctors rushed back and forth was that I lost my best friend.