35: Evan Colton is back

*Friday Night*

Evan

"I'm looking for Stella Mitchell." I announce to the girl after she pulls the door open. She stands confused before parting her lips to speak. "...Excuse me?" I snap her out of her thoughts.

"...Evan?..Right?" She remembers. "Yes. It is you...um I'll go get her." She disappears into the dark hallway and I stand at the top of the porch steps rocking on my heels. A minute later Stella emerges in front of me.

"Evan? What are you doing here?" She didn't crack a smile. But I had enough smile for the both of us. I admire her beautiful face-the face I missed for a long time.

"Stella I've been thinking about you, I can't stop thinking about you." I tell her and she twisted up her face. "Why you lookin' like that?"

"We broke up over a year ago and I-"

"I don't need you to tell me that, I know how long it's been. It's been torture, being without you has made me realize why I wanna be with you." I pour my heart out to her. But she remained stuck in the doorway. "Stella-"

"Save that bullshit for somebody else, Evan you cheated on me....not to mention you like six years older than me. This wasn't gone work anyways so can you leave?" She started to close the door but I wedged my foot in the way.

"Stella age was never the problem with us, we got past that and I'm sorry... I never wanted to hurt you...can you please just forgive me so we can try again?" I place my hands together in a praying position.

"Leave me alone." She slams the door and for minutes I stand there in the silence of the night and the gleam of the porch light. My chest felt tight. My mind began racing. I rushed back to my car and dialed my brother's number.

The phone went to voicemail so I dialed again. Voicemail again. "Come on." I dail again.

"Man what you want?!" He finally answers.

"Look we got our differences but-"

"But nothing! You a snitchin' ass pig and I don't fuck with that!" He was angering me.

"PRESTON WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND CHILL THE FUCK OUT!" I lash out on him so he would stop running his pathetic ass mouth. "I'm a fucking officer and that's the way it is! Now listen to what I have to say.." I relax my tone.

"...Speak." He demands and I huff, tired out from this shitty ass day.

"I need you to make a drop..." Those words felt sinister leaving my lips.

"Drop? What kind of drop?" He sounded interested now, this being his line of business.

"...That Griffin boy...give him a location to meet you and make him a 'sale'." The other end of the phone was silent. "Preston?"

"Who? It's a few of them." He inquires a clarification.

"...The one who just graduated from Eagle High." I say.

"Eagle High..." He repeats. "Robin? You want me to make a drop to Robin? What's the occasion because if this is yo way of tryna get me to set my nigga up to be arrested you can fucking exit my line." He gets defensive again. I twisted up my face trying to figure out when these two became alliances.

I drop it and continue. "I'm not arresting him. But it is a set up." I admit. The plan was to meet up with him and have a talk. "Me and him need to discuss some boundaries." I smirk.

"Whatever you say, but if this is some double-crossing ass shit, my name don't get mentioned...A'ight?"

"You...you don't have to fear me Preston, I won't turn you in. You all I got.."I tell him.