34: Trye Harris

*Friday Night*

Bella

"I had a really good time. I'm glad I agreed to go." I smile at him. The light from the porch reflected beautifully in his hazel eyes.

"I told you that you a like it, don't doubt me." He squeezes my waist and I giggle from being ticklish.

"Well yeah, I just never had seafood, I really thought it would be sickening." I laugh. "But I am really glad I tried it, I had a nice time. And thank you I needed that. I be havin' to take care of two kids and go school and that shitty ass cafe." Sigh. "This really was needed."

He grabs my hands. "You talking like this has to be the last time we gone go out. I'll take you out again, just let me know." I look away and start nibbling nervously on my lip.

"I mean I don't know." He makes me face him. "This is cool, but like I don't know if I can date or if you wanna date me....I have two ki-" I try and say but he stops me by holding up a finger.

"Bella I don't care that you have responsibilities, we all-" I stop him.

"They're not just responsibilities, they're kids...which is a lot of responsibility and with this kind of responsibility it's just, I don't wanna project my stress on you." I say.

"Bella that's my choice. I don't mind it, I wanna give us a chance and I want to help you if you ain't mind.." I rub my eyes and contemplates. I mean I loved that he wanted to help so soon and all but I didn't know.

"I....think that we should just remain steady right now and work on whatever this is. And maybe down the line we can see what happenes...with them."

"If that's what you want, I won't bring it up no more until you ready."

"Thank you..I mean you can meet them if you want....it's not that late." I look at my phone. 7pm.

"I would like that." He licked his lips. I grab his hand and unlock the door. A little noise rumbled through the house but other than that it was quiet. "You sure ain't nobody sleep?" He whispers as I flick on the light.

"I don't think so. We just like to be in our rooms or whatever." I show him to the couch and go and check out my kids. Camille was sitting up in her bouncer and Camden clung to my leg the minute I opened the door. "Hey baby." I pick him up. "What you doing?"

"Look." He points to his blocks and shows me what he attempted to build. I held him close to me and silently thanked God for him. He was such a bright boy and that really gave me hope that he was okay, despite what those brain tests said. "Hey you wanna meet somebody?" He nods. I carry him to the living room but on my way Stella ascends from her bedroom.

"How long have you been here?" She asks.

"How long have my kids been in the room by they self?" I shoot back and she closes the door.

"Here is Camden." I bring him into the living room and Trye stands to greet him. Camden shyly hides behind my leg once I put him down. "Cam you're not shy." I reach for his arm but he bolts back into the room. "Oh my God, he is acting crazy." I laugh and tell Trye. I go get Camille. Few seconds later. "Alright well she's not old enough to be shy so here." I hand her to Trye.

He stares at her for awhile before looking back at me. "Damn. She cute as hell."

"Yeah, she's going to be something." I sit down next to him. "Some people say she look like me, what do you think?"

He smirks, "Nah she look better." We both laugh and Camden decided to come back and join us.

I hold my arms out and nod for him to come here. He sat on my lap and balled up into my arms. "He's so phony." I laugh. My phone buzzed. "Hold on." I tell him and go to the bathroom. "What do you want?" I answer.

"Are you going to help me or not?" He asked.

"Carmelo kidnapping is a felony and I have two kids." I lower my tone before anybody hears me.

"He's my son it won't be kidnapping jus-"

"No she has full custody not to mention she didn't even list you as the father, so without her permission to have him it's kidnapping."

"Just come with me to talk to her, I'll take other matters into my own hand."

"I don't like the sight of her. I'll think about it." I hung up.

Trye was still holding Camille while Camden has warmed up to the presence of him and decided to pull on his arm.

"Now he likes you." I smile. "But it somebody's bedtime." I pick him up and take him to the room. After the kids was put down I walked Trye out.

"Thank you for letting me meet them." He hugs me.

"Your welcome." I embrace his muscular frame. "I think they like you which is good." I smile and he admires me for a second before releasing my waist.

"We all have a past Bella...don't let it affect your future." He turned to head to his car. I nervously bit my lip as I watched him leave, I don't know what's going to happen between us but I do know that I wanna give it a shot. I just didn't know...

"Trye!" I yell after him and he let's down the window. "I wanna see what happens!" He honks the horn in sign of cheering and I laugh and blow him a kiss. Lastly I wave him goodbye and head back inside. My heart flips as the door rumbles behind me. I turn around and twist the lock and open the door. I stare wide eyed at the officer.

"I'm looking for Stella Mitchell."