32: I'm Back and Better

*Tuesday*

Stella

12-30-10; I enter in my combination to my locker. I seriously haven't been to school in weeks, I'm so behind I have to go to summer school this year. However besides that it was much more peaceful around these halls of Eagle High now that Queen Jayla is gone. We got a two more weeks of school before we let out. I gotta admit not having Robin come sneak up on me while I'm at my locker sucked but having him not here was good too, he no longer distracted me. The bell for first period would ring any minute now and I was finish getting my things. I swung my bag over my shoulder and- what the hell?- My eyes were deceiving me ... I lost control over my legs and before I knew it I was charging down the hallway at 30 mph.

"N-Nayeli??" I threw my arms around her and hugged her tight. "Oh-My-God! Nayeli!" Hot tears stung at my eyes as I tried to control myself but she was already broken up. "Oh...Nayeli....what the-hell?" Half of me wanted to believe I was dreaming, I couldn't believe that I was holding on her. "S-say something.." I demanded.

Her eyes, now bloodshot red, stared deeply into mines. She breathed at a slow pace and her body lightly trembled, "Stella?" The corner of her lip twitched and she started crying again.

I held her, "No calm down. Are you okay? Do you need to go to a hospital? Would you like me to take you?" She stood there speechless like she didn't know what language I was speaking. "Are you okay?" She nodded. My heart felt at ease. "....Can you talk to me?" She nodded again. "How long have you been...back?"

"....Not long...Stella." She brought her arms around me and melted into my chest. "I thought I'd never see you again." I rubbed her back. "Like...I swear it was the worst feeling ever."

"What happened-where were you?" I held her face in between my hands trying get her to face me.

"...Can we not talk about that right now, I need to go and talk to the schedule director. I could imagine what they'll tell me." I grabbed her hand and smiled.

"Whatever they say, I'm here with you."

We already missed first period. My nerves were going bad waiting inside the office with Nayeli. It's been two hours and every time the lady told her how much she missed she always tried to make it sound better by telling her how sorry she was. I rolled my eyes for the twelfth time as she gave the schedule program to Nayeli and walked us out of her office.

"What period is this?" She asked me as we made our way to the staircase. I checked my phone.

"Middle of third." I answer.

"Damn." Her schedule read Anatomy. "What you got third?"

"Pre-Cal." I half smile at her but her face looked disappointed. "You want me to walk you to class or something...I don't have to go to Pre-Cal." I told her.

"It's cool, I gotta get used to being back. I'll see you," She glances over her schedule, "sixth, at least we got that together." She tried to smile as she went up the stairs. I couldn't begin to imagine what was going through her head at the moment or at all. She seemed different now. I made it to my class and took my seat. My phone buzzed.

'I need to talk to you and your sister later today..'

Ugh what did he want?

"How are you getting home?" I turn to Nayeli as we walked out of the school.

She pointed to a black Prius, "My brother." I spotted out the car and noticed Nick in the driver seat. I grimaced at the sight of him. "What about you?" She grabbed my attention off of him and I tried to remain calm.