18: He's Here...

*Tuesday*

Lyric

"What time is it now?" I ask pacing back and forth of Daniel's living room. I was nervous as shit right now and everybody seem to be so calm. Sprite and Daniel was caked up on the couch and one of Daniel's boys was here with us for back up but he was just chilling on his phone.

"Lyric bro calm down, I got my boys on gaurd man be chill." Daniel said to me and I stop in the middle of my pacing and stared at him. "What?"

"Be chill? Nigga if this plan don't go through I could be killed! How the fuck can I be fucking calm when my life is on the line!?" I explode at him.

"That's your life not mine." He's says harshly. Sprite stopped snickering under her breath when I cut my eyes at her. I couldn't believe this right now, if Daniel wasn't the only person that I knew could help me right now I wouldn't put up with his shit.

"Whatever..." I mumble. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I scoop it out of the skinny jeans that I squeezed into this morning. "Oh shit." I grumble. I turned my phone to show Daniel and Sprite.

"Just landed at the San Diego Airport....don't try and hide, I'ma find you sooner or later." Sprite vocalized the text message I just got from Kasey. "Damn. Call Brian." She tapped Daniel on the arm for him to hurry. He grabbed his phone and dialed Brian's phone number.

"....You seen him? What does he look like?" Daniel removed the phone from his ear to ask me.

I shrug, "I haven't seen him in years, but he's light complected and really tall." I bit my lip.

"She says that he's tall and light skinned.....Yeah I know it's alot of people who look like that Brian but damn can't you tell when somebody look like they suspicious or some shit?" He rolls her eyes and clenches his jaws in frustration. "Yeah....A'ight. Don't lose him." He hangs up. "He's on his tail. He says he came alone but I doubt it." He lights a blunt.

"Nah that sounds like Kasey..he don't role with a posse." I confirm and grab Sprite's keys.

"Where the fuck you goin?!" Daniel jumps up and stops me before I get out the door.

"Back to my auntie's house." I answer truthfully.

"Why go back there by yourself? You tryna get your family hurt? He says he's going to find you and you don't want that to be where your family lives." He grabs my arm.

"My nerves are getting worst and worst I can't just sit around here waiting for whatever to happen to me." I say. Sprite gets up and comes to hug me.

"So what you gone do when you get there? Sit around and wait too right?" He asks.

"No I'm going to get my shit and go back to Phoenix." I say.

"Really Lyric? So you just gon have him chase you back and forth until he finally catches you. Because despite what you might think he came with a crew trust me and they probably watchin' us as we speak...look I know this ain't a easy situation but I promised my girl that I would protect her friend and that's what I'm going to do. Just go through with the plan, a'ight?" He grabs both my arms and gaze into my eyes. I was choked up on emotions so I couldn't speak I just nodded. "Good now go sit back down and wait....patiently." He tells me and I walk back to the couch with Sprite.

"Yo Daniel....Brian said he made a stop at some abandoned factory department in the Canes territory." David told Daniel and he grabbed his phone and keys.

"Like I said....Nigga got crew here, now we just need to find out who." He gets everybody up and out to the cars. I get in with Sprite while the boys ride together.