31: Back To Reality

*Monday*

Bella

"Cam get in here!" I scream from his bedroom. He timidly strides into the room, twiddling his fingers. "Didn't I ask you to clean up this mess? And why ain't yo shoes on?" I needed to have them at the daycare in twenty minutes so I wouldn't be late for work. I rub my temples and close my eyes so my nerves wouldn't explode. "Go put on your shoes and when you get home later, you cleaning up this room. Now go!" He shoots out of the room and went to find his shoes. I was simply dressed in my cafe uniform with my hair pulled into a tight bun. Camille fell asleep inside of her car seat ready for the day. She looked like a small dressed teddy bear. As I got the baby bags I head toward the front door with Camden following after me.

"These...mommy." Camden held up his pair of new Jordans.

"That's fine Cam come on." After I'm done hustling the bags into the trunk of the car, I strap up the car seats. I drove down West Ave trying to get to the center quicker and to work on time. "Come on, come on." I yank Cam out the car, Camille next, rushing to get the bags. I push through the doors of "Toddler World" and sign the kids in at the front desk.

"Hey there Cam-Cam...look at Millie." Leslie, the daycare teacher, squeals when she sees the two of them. "And how are you mommy?" She pulls me in for a hug.

"I am tired...You be good lil boy." I point my finger at Camden who darts off to the other side of the room to play with the blocks.

"He'll be just fine, Cam is an angel." She smiles.

"What Camden do you know?" I joke. "Well I need to get to work, I will be back at 3." I fly out the door and start up the cheap car I had to use.

The lot of the Cafe was jammed pack so I had to park around the corner which took another three minutes of my time. I nearly ran to the front of the building, pulling my hat over my head. People was standing all in front of the door and I could barely get in. I shuffle through the thick crowd and finally make my way toward the back. Strapping my apron on, I punch in and start up a pot of pitch black coffee. The pot brewed fast and the steam almost knocked me out. "White people and they nasty ass coffee." I mutter to myself.

"Mitchell! You're here on time! Am I seeing things!?" My boss flies past me to grab up an order. I smile and talk shit about him in my head. "What's going on girl? What gots you on time today?" He grins.

"What does it matter, I'm on time ain't I?" I mumble to myself but apparently loud enough for him to hear.

"What was that?" He moves his ear closer.

"My kids wasn't a problem this morning that's all." I flash him a sunny smile and he finishes off the order and moves along.

"Hey Bell...Long time no see.." A voice sneaks up behind me. I swivel around to see who it is.

"TRYE!" I shriek throwing my arms around him. "I thought they let you go." I wipe off my hands.

"Nah..I took some time off. I had personal problems to handle." He rubs his neck.

"What kind of 'personal problems'?" I push.

"The less you know the better." He poked my stomach. I just smirked and rolled my eyes finishing up what I was doing. "I'll holla later though." He goes to his station. I watch as he walks away. Six foot, nice muscles, and burnt to a crisp...Trye was something. I refrain from starting something with him due to the fact that I ain't want no work drama, but I be seeing how he be checking me out. I only wish I could hear back from that Zaz dude a few months ago. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I hesitate to check it since I ain't suppose to have it on me while I work anyway. Quickly, I sneak to the back and scan the message I got from Mia.