8: A more 'Zaz' point of view

*Thursday*

*Zaz*

After dropping Bella off at home, I swung over to Syleena's house to see what she was up too. She lived on the other side of town so it took me a minute to get over there. I parked, hopped out, and jogged up her porch steps. Syleena is a highly independent woman. She moved out her mama's house at fifteen and is now a successful corporate woman. She's side by side with the most powerful business man up in San D right now, Manny Hartford. Normally I relate more to my ride or die ass bitches. I need a female who can handle a gun just as well as she can handle dick. You would never catch Syleena with a gun, but she still was my lil chocolate baby. I met her a few years back down in Manhattan when she was going to school for a business degree. She was skeptical about me at first since the only politics I was into was street politics. She expressed to me several times how she strayed away from niggas like me all her life and that she wasn't about to change that at this point in her life. But after she got to know me she saw the difference and gave me a chance. Syleena was your typical fine dark skinned, long weave wearing chick with fattest ass I've ever seen. I knocked on the door to her small townhouse. The lights flicked on through the window next to the door and seconds later she came to the door wearing a simple silk beige robe. A smile formed across my face when I seen hers.

"Zaz, what are you doing here?" She had a mild Australian accent since she lived over in Sydney for a few years to manage a high end company. She had a bare face (no makeup) and still looked like a queen to me.

"I've missed you...don't pretend like you don't miss me Lenna." I wrap my hands around her small waist. She is so petite. Only 4'11 and weighs about 100 pounds she was pretty light.

"It's almost 1 in the morning Zaz, couldn't you wait until the morning?" She looked up in my eyes with her golden brown ones. "Are you coming all the way from home?"

"...Uh yeah, something like that. I had to make a drop." I lie.

"....You're lying aren't you? You were at the strip club and I know it." She catches on and I instantly placed my lips on hers to stop her from talking. "I'm not stupid Zaz." She says through our connected lips.

I pull away, "I didn't say you was Lenna, are you gone let me come in or what?" I release her waist.

"I don't know, you were at a strip club after I asked you plenty times not to go. Am I not enough or something?" She gets this look in her eyes that made me wanna drop down on one knee and apologize my soul out. I couldn't get with myself hurting her like this but I wasn't making it intentional.

"Come on Lenna don't play me like that, it wasn't some I did to piss you off knowingly....just can you forgive me?" I grip her hands and rub them in mine gently to show her how sincere I am.

"Go home Zaz." She snatches her hands out of mine and attempts to close the door before I stuck my foot in it. "...Zaz." She pleads and I get suspicious of her actions. Never has she turned me away even after that one time she founded out that I cheated on her.

"...Who you got up in there Syleena? Don't play with me." I sternly assert. She smacks her lips and comes closer to me.

"So now because you are a cheater I have to be one? It's 12 in the morning Zaz, I'm tired and have work. I simply don't want you here keeping me up all night. Can it just be that simple?" She rolls her eyes. "Oh wait it probably can't be that simple since you are so used to sleeping with women who don't have responsibilities, it's not normal to you for a woman to have a actual job in the morning who you can't just keep up all night doing God knows what." She tries to get smart and I laugh if off.

"Yeah you right Lenna, see you whenever you ain't got no responsibility." I turn to move off of the porch and she slams the door behind me. I debate whether or not to call Bella and check her out but I ended on not too. I called Shay instead. "Wassup?" I say when the phone stopped ringing.

"What the fuck do you want?" She whispered in the phone. I turn my nose up at the phone trying to figure out who the hell this bitch was talking too.

"Fuck you whispering for?" I start the engine to my car.

"I'm laying in bed with my husband that's why. Now like I asked why in the fuck is you calling me?" I hear the angry tone in her voice like she was serious.

"Husband?...." I laugh. "So that's how it is now? What happened to us never leaving each other was that all just for the moment?" I pull off.

"I seen that lil heifer you had over there the other day when I left. You think you could play me Zaz? You thought I won't gone find out? How dumb do you think I am?" She gets louder so she must have moved away from him.

"Shay...come on now. Don't be-"

"FUCK YOU ZAZ!" She hangs up in my face.

Shit.