36: Blood for Blood

*Saturday*

Stella

"Have you taken your medicine?" My mama barges into my room. I roll my eyes. "Stella you have to take that medicine." She starts picking up clothes and organizing things. "Stella get up and take the damn medicine!"

"Fine!" I hop up and go to my dresser, popping open the bottle. "I don't know why! My uterus is already destroyed, this medicine ain't helping nobody." I mumble.

"If you would take it maybe it would. But you so damn irresponsible and hard headed!"

"Whatever mama." I grab the glass of water outta her hand and swallow the pills. "There you happy? Get out." I shove her toward the door.

"Don't get balsy." She warns and exits the room. Few minutes later Bella comes in.

"Why you be giving her such a hard time?" She questions.

I glare at her. "Bella please stop talking to me." I get irritated.

"No Stella I'm not. You cried to me when you found out that bullet ripped through your uterus last year and the doctors gave you medicine to heal you and you just be acting like you stupid." She folds her arms.

"Get out. If anybody stupid it's you." I say.

"Oh really? What makes me stupid?"

"I can give you a list..." I start making my bed.

"Start." She challenges.

"You didn't finish high school-"

She cuts me off, "But I'm in college."

"You had two kids before the age of 20-"

She cuts me off again, "Two kids I'm raising by my damn self."

"Two kids that a probably be better off without you.." I mumble.

"Oh that's how you feel?" She comes closer to me. I remain quiet, reevaluating what I just said. "I wanna see you raise and take care of kids...two at that."

"I'm seventeen, I know better than to have kids this young. But I'm sure I'll do a wonderful job."

I meet her glaze. "But you would never know, your uterus is fucked up." She returns a smile and turns to leave.

"Fuck you Bella." I slam the door on her way out and my knees buckle. All of the events from last year replay in my head. From gettin' involved wit Robin, Brit getting killed, and Quan damn near killing me, causing this life long pain inside me. He has ruined me completely. Nobody understands. I sit, back against the door, sobbing with my head in my hands.

"Stella!" Bang. Bang. Bang. "Your daddy a be here in twenty minutes. So get up!" Her voice roars through the door. "NOW!" I wipe my face and get up, not being in the mood to argue with her anymore. She walked away from the door and I proceed to get ready.

"He's here." She announces and I reluctantly grab my bag. "Move like you wanna go, girl." She says and I roll my eyes.

"I don't wanna go." She shoves me out the door.

"That's to bad." With one last shove we both exit the front door and meet my daddy at his car.

"Hey babygirl! Why you look so sad?" I ignore him, throw my bag in the back, and hop in. "What's wrong?" He presses. I acknowledge him.

"It's eleven in the morning, I'm half asleep and your ex-wife is annoying." He laughs.

"Or do you just not wanna come?" He reads me like an open book.

"That is another factor...but I don't mind, I lived with you for a year." I focus on the windshield. "It's just better Shay and those kids gone." I admit and he just remains silent. "How are you feeling about that?"

"I'm good babygirl. Don't worry about me." He puts on a fake smile.

"I'm seriously concerned daddy. I know I was a little rude about it before but I'm sorry, I should've asked how you was instead of tripping." The guilt hits me hard and fast.

"You're good trust me. When I got the news I tripped out as well." He tries another smile but it fails before he even achieves it. "But enough. Let's talk about you...How's school most importantly." I grimace. "Must not be good, huh?"

"I'm behind a few classes so I have to go to summer school. I haven't got a A my whole junior year." My heart froze having just realizing that. "I've always been a straight A student."

"This last year was tough for you and we understand. You've been a little distracted with the family and the move.-" I watch the floor. "...Well I hope that's what it is."

"I haven't been taking my medicine for my uterus and-"

"Wait, why haven't you?" He parks the car and I hesitate before speaking.

"I was mad when those doctors told me that it was almost impossible for me to reproduce, I was so mad that Qu-," I caught my words, "That- that this happened to me and I just I basically just said forget it you know." I shrug it off and try to keep from crying again.

"Baby girl you can't just be mad at something you wasn't in control of, you got to be stronger than that and I know that it is hard ." Tears wail in my eyes. "But the stronger you are the better you feel. I promise." He leans over and kisses my forehead. "And in the meantime I'm here to talk if you need it." I nod, exit the car, and grab my overnight bag.

Crossing the street to get to my dad's apartment, hairs on the back of my neck stood tall.

POW. POW. POW. RATATATATATATATTATATATATAT

Bullets flew left to right, one flew past my nose and I retreat to the warm hard concrete, covering my head. Car tires burned rubber right past me. I was shocked it didn't run my ass over. Foot steps sounded in front of me, I looked up. "Omar!" I hopped up and latched on to him, but he didn't return the hug. Instead he pushed me aside and jog past me. I follow his direction and my knees felt weak. "Daddy!" I follow Omar and rush over to my daddy who was laying in a pool of blood. The closer I got the clearer I seen him. His body resembled Swiss cheese. "Oh-Ma-God, NO!" Omar called for an ambulance and as we waiting in the middle of the street I continue to rock his weak body. "Who was that!?" I scream and sob simultaneously. I look at Omar who hesitates to answer my question. "OMAR!" My voice echoes throughout the empty streets.

"I DON'T KNOW STELLA!" He stands to pace the ground. "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" I watch as his hurt transformed into anger, boiling anger.

"Where is the damn ambulance!?" I stand to look around but I didn't hear any sirens in the distance. "Daddy...just keep breathing." I kneel back besides him and he start spitting up blood. "Omar I don't know how long he gone make it." I say. But he keeps pounding his head and pacing. I try and comfort my brother. "It's not your fault O, just rela-"

"IT IS MY FAULT! HE WAS THE TARGET TO GET TO ME! SHIT MAN!" I reach for his arm but he violently snatches away. "First Christian now this!" I could see it wasn't no calming him down so I went back to my daddy...

".....He's not breathing! Where the fuck is the paramedics!?" Finally the sirens blare and come from around the corner.

"He's going to regret this." Omar mumbles.

"Who Omar? Who is?" ....

"...Corey."