Chapter 26: What is (Y/N) gonna say?

Maka's POV

I was walking slowly down a strange hallway with Soul in my hand as Blackstar was bouncing around me ready to attack anything with Tsubaki in her chain scythe mode. "Quiet down, Blackstar!" I whisper yelled. He didn't answer, surprisingly, but kept bouncing around. I sighed as we neared a door that was by itself while the hallway continued. I stopped at the door. "Get ready, Blackstar. I'm gonna open the door." I said as I put my hand on the doorknob. Blackstar got ready and I slowly turned the knob. I opened the door and quickly pulled Blackstar onto the ground. I put my finger to my lips to signal Blackstar to be quiet. We were in a room that seemed to be a meeting room but it had a window showing another room that had some of Arachne's minions who were talking. Blackstar opened his mouth to say something but I hit him and pointed to the window. "We need to listen to them and see if we can figure out anything. If you can be quiet for that, I might let you beat the snot out of them." I whispered as I pulled out my phone to record anything as proof. I crawled to the window and listened as I held up the phone. "Lady Arachne must really want her daughter back I she would kill that citizen so she would get framed and want to come back home." One minion said. "It's not that she wants her, it's that she needs her. All she wants of (Y/N) is her strength and power. (Y/N) already knows her mother doesn't care. The only time Arachne does something for (Y/N) is on (Y/N)'s birthday. Why do you think (Y/N) has that dark sketch book?" The other one replied. That poor thing. I thought. "Blackstar, go ahead." I said. "YAHOOO!!!" Blackstar cheered and ran into the other room. I rolled my eyes and went after him to see the two minions on the ground. "Let's go, Blackstar. We got what we need." I said and we made our way to the entrance we came in through as Soul and Tsubaki transformed back to their human selves. We walked around the building to see Anika and Alex come out a window with Saga and Natalie following. "Any luck?" I asked. "No. You?" They replied. "Yup. We recorded also so we have our proof." I said as I showed them the video. Alex frowned when it got to the part about a sketch book. "Have you guys seen Kid yet?" Natalie asked. "Yeah, we didn't see him." Saga continued. "No. I was hoping you guys saw him." I said starting to worry. "We shouldn't have let him go alone." Anika said as she brought her hands to her head. "What do we do? We can't go back in there and risk losing the proof." Soul said. "We should just go and then come back as quick as possible with Stein or something." Tsubaki said. "That sounds good, I guess." I said and we ran to the DWMA as fast as we could in worry that something could happen to Kid, Liz, or Patty. Just one thing still swirled around in my head: What is (Y/N) gonna say?