Chapter 21: The beach (part 2)

Reader's POV

"We should get ready." I said, hesitantly, not wanting to leave Kid's arms. "Okay. One more minute." Kid replied, kissing my neck. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, to my bag. I grabbed my swimsuit and went to the bathroom. I changed into the swimsuit and came back out to see that Kid had just changed in the room and had black swim shorts with a black shirt. I was wearing jean shorts with a black shirt over my swimsuit. "You ready?" I asked. "Yup." He replied and we went down to the lobby of the hotel. We saw the gang and started walking to the beach. "You didn't show Kid your swimsuit yet, right?" Liz whispered/asked me. "No." I replied. "Good. I want to see his reaction." Liz said. When we got to the beach, I helped Maka set up everything as the other girls took off their cover ups and the guys took off their shirts. Oh death, Kid. Kid had a full on eight pack(if that's possible). "Now would be a good time to take off your cover up." Liz said, smirking. "Ugh." I replied, hesitantly taking off my shorts then my shirt. Kid immediately shot back in a nosebleed. "YESSS!!!" Liz cheered. I rolled my eyes. I ran into the water, everyone following after me. Kid caught up to me and picked me up and spun me around. I giggled as I pushed out of his arms and ran. I looked back and was tickled by Kid. "I love... Peanut butter." I said, laughing my ass off. "Oh, really? I guess you don't want ice cream." Kid said, smirking, got up, and ran away. I ran after him yelling, "I'M SORRY!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN PEANUT BUTTER!!!" I finally caught him and jumped on his back. "Can I pwease have ice cweam?" I asked in a baby voice with my best puppy face. "Fine. But, only because you're cute." Kid sighed. "YAYYY!!!" I cheered. When we got up to the little ice cream shop, Kid walked up to the lady at the counter. "How may I help you, sir?" She asked. "What do you want?" Kid asked me. "(F/F)(favorite flavor), please." I answered. "One (F/F) and one cookies and cream(I guessed)." Kid replied to the lady at the counter. "Right away, sir." The lady said and scooped the ice creams into their cones. The lady handed the cones to us as Kid payed. "Thank you and have a nice day." The lady said as we walked away. "You too." Kid and I replied at the same time. Kid and I started walking along the beach hand in hand with our ice creams. Kid started chuckling. "What?" I asked and looked up at him with ice cream on my nose. "You look so interested in that ice cream." Kid replied and licked the ice cream off my nose. I immediately froze and blushed harder than ever before. Kid chuckled again and we started walking again. "I'm gonna go talk with the guys, you wanna come?" Kid asked. "It's okay I'm gonna be by our stuff." I replied and walked to our little set up. "Why are you alone? You're too beautiful to be alone." I heard someone say as I looked to the side to see a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Oh, I'm not alone." I replied. "Well, now you aren't. Tell me, are you with anyone." The guy asked, leaning closer. "Yes, yes I am and if you don't leave, I am gonna have to kick your ass." I replied, leaning in the opposite direction. "Oh, really? First of all, I don't see him anywhere and second of all, I highly doubt you can." The guy said. "Why don't you try looking behind you." A voice said. I looked up to see Kid with full on anger. "Hold on a sec, you don't think she can kick your ass? Oh, she can and, take it from me, she will. She is a DWMA student. And, even if she couldn't, I would. You want to know why? Because, I am the son of Lord Death which makes me a shinigami." Kid said, clearly pissed. "Really? Prove it." The guy said, standing up. The guy was scared. He knew he was, in fact, the son of Death, he just didn't want to seem weak. Kid, then, punched him straight in the face and, already, the guy was out like a light. I was laughing so hard at this moment, "What a baka!" "I know." Kid said, laughing too. Just then, the gang walked up. "What are you guys laughing about and why is there a passed out guy right there?" Tsubaki asked. "It's very simple, really. This guy walked up and tried to get with (Y/N) but she said that she would kick his ass if he didn't leave and he said that he doubted she could do that. I, then, came up behind him and told him off about how she could and would kick his ass and if she couldn't I would because I'm the son of Death. He was so scared but he didn't want to seem weak so he said to prove it and so I knocked him out in one punch." Kid explained as we started laughing again. The gang just looked at us like we were crazy. After we were done laughing, we decided to go back to the hotel to get ready for a special dinner Kid planned for everyone.