Chapter 44: Basketball

Soul's POV

"Maka!" I called, walking into the living room to see her on the couch with a book. "What is it, Soul?" Maka said, sounding very uninterested. "I just got off the phone with (Y/N). She was saying how she heard we would always play basketball and she was wondering if we could play today." I said. "Uh, I don't know..." Maka started. "I wasn't really asking as much as telling you. I already said yes." I finished. "Soul!" Maka whined. "Come on, let's go." I said, dragging Maka out of the apartment. I pulled out my phone to call Alex, Natalie, and Blackstar to ask if they were coming, even though I already new the answer for Blackstar.

Reader's POV

"Kid go get ready." I told Kid who was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of tea. "Where are we going?" He asked. "To play basketball with the gang." I replied. "Oh... Okay..." Kid said, confused. I ran up the stairs and knocked on Liz and Patty's door. "(Y/N)!!!" Patty yelled as she opened the door and tackled me. "Pattyyy." I whined as she got off me. I stood back up to see Liz. "What can I do for you, (Y/N)?" She asked. "Both of you, get ready. We are going to play basketball with the gang." I said. "Mm... Okay." Liz replied. "YAYYY!!!" Patty cheered. After that, I went to Conner's room and noticed he was still sleeping. I ran and jumped onto him. "Oof!" Conner groaned and opened his eyes. I smiled, innocently. "What do you want?" Conner whined and tried to push me off him. I resisted, still sitting on his stomach. "Get up and dressed we are going to play basketball with the gang." I replied, finally getting off. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "Okay, sweet... Wait, will Saga be there?" Conner asked. "Yup." I replied. I, then, ran to my room. I put on a black tank top that said 'SCHOOL SUCKS START A BAND' in white and black shorts. Then, I put on some black tennis shoes and brought my hair up into a ponytail. When I went back downstairs, I saw the rest of them waiting. "Alrighty, let's go~!" I cheered and ran to the door. "(Y/N), don't run too fast I got the wind knocked out of me when you crushed me with your fat ass." Conner said, who was given a look from Kid. My face was all read with anger and embarrassment when I ran at Conner and chased him all the way to the basketball court while Kid, Liz, and Patty took there time and walked.

Soul's POV

Everyone was here except for (Y/N), Kid, Liz, Patty, and Conner. I was talking (A/N: More like flirting. XD) with Natalie when Conner came running out of nowhere with (Y/N) chasing him. There was anger clear on her face. She finally caught him and jumped on his back. "Now you have to deal with my 'fat ass'" (Y/N) said. "Jeez, (Y/N). I love you too." Conner laughed. Saga walked up with her arms crossed and cleared her throat. Kid walked up, pulled (Y/N) off, and squeezed her like a teddy bear. (Y/N) giggled and ran off to me. "Thanks again, Soul." (Y/N) said. "Of course." I replied. She walked back over to Kid and held his hand. I smirked. I have a plan... "Alright, everyone. Listen up! Maka kept on whining about how she had to finish reading the last book of Harry Potter so she will be sitting out. As for the rest of us, the team captains will be (Y/N) and I." I announced.

Reader's POV

I was excited to be a team captain. I have only played basketball one-on-one with Alex so I've never had a team before. "My first pick will be... Kid." Soul said, smirking at me. "Oh no you didn't." I said. "Oh yes I did." Soul replied. "Okay, you mess with the bull, you get the horns, buddy... Natalie, you're with me." I said as Soul glared. "Conner." Soul smirked again. "Blackstar." I smirked. "Damn you... Alex." Soul said. "You mother fucker!... Saga." I said. "Anika!" "Tsubaki!" We called the names faster and by the last one we got confused and said at the same time: "Liz!" I called. "Patty!" Soul called. We bent over and caught our breath. "Okay... Let's... PLAY BALL!!!" I panted. Everyone headed to their team captains for a plan. "Alright, Blackstar. You and me up first for the ball. Everyone else, spread out and get ready. When someone is open, pass it. No ball hogs, Blackstar...*everyone looks at Blackstar*. We are a team. We need to stay together and work together. Do. I. Make. My. Self. Clear!?" I asked. "Yes!" Everyone replied. "Okay then, all in. Kittycorns on three!" I said. (A/N: I just realized Blackstar is the only guy on the team. XD). "One! Two! THREE!!!" We chanted and ran to the court. "What's the deal?" Soul asked. "Huh?" I asked. "Oh, right. You've never played with us. We have a deal for the team captains. Like... If you lose you have to... Tell Lord Death you are pregnant." Soul explained. Kid spit out the water he was drinking and broke into a coughing fit. "What the fuck!? Hell no!" I exclaimed. Soul smirked. "Fine then. Uh... If we win... You have to... Get your phone and computer taken away so you can't read Wattpad and you can't fantasize over anime boys for a whole week." Soul said. "Oooh, I like that one." Kid said. "... Fine, but if we win, you have to ask Natalie out on a date." I replied. Soul nodded with a red face. "Deal?" I asked. "Deal." Soul replied. "Okie-dokie, you're going down." I said. "Oh? Because, I bet you play like a girl." Soul taunted. "Oh really? What's that supposed to mean? 'Girls can't play'? Me? Play like a girl? Well, guess what? I do play like a girl and this girl is gonna Take. You. Down! Let's go guys!" I retorted with anger and a glare. Soul smiled. He was playing me. This is what he wanted. Throughout the whole game it was almost like it was just Soul and I. No matter how much I wanted to keep down my competitiveness, I wan- no! I needed to win. 1. Because I wanted to prove I could take him down and 2. I wanted my OTP to become cannon (Satalie). In the end, my team won and I was on the ground. I had tripped when Blackstar made the last basket. "Ow..." I whimpered. I had hit my head on the ground pretty hard. "(Y/N)!!!" Kid ran over and helped me up. I held my head and looked up. Soul was blushing with his hands in his pockets, talking to Natalie. I smiled. "I guess I'll just run it in his face later." I laughed, quietly. "We have to get you home and get some ice for your head." Kid said. I nodded slowly. "Bye, guys! We are going home." I waved. "Bye~!" They all waved. "Conner. You. Me. Mission. Tomorrow." I said. "Perfect." He replied. With that, we left.