Chapter 46: ... Conner?...

Again, GOMEN NASAI!!! The real Saga read it and is now threatening to kill me...

Reader's POV

... No, no, NO!!! THIS CANT HAPPEN!!! "Nice, you may have just been the cause of your weapon's death..." Cut it out! I don't have time for this! I yelled at the voice in my head while I ran over to the wall Conner had hit. I picked him up, partially. I checked his pulse and... Oh thank Death! He's breathing at least... Before I knew it, I was crying. I banged my fist into the wall and winced at the pain. I ran over and picked up the kishin soul. I lifted Conner up and put one of his arms around my neck. I grabbed his hand and put my other arm around his waist. I struggled, leaving the cave and walking as fast as I could through the village. I pulled my phone out and called Kid. "Hey, love. How was the mission." Kid answered on the other end. "K-Kid... I'm on my way to the DWMA infirmary." I replied. "(Y/N), are you okay? Are you hurt." Kid asked. "Well, not really. It's Conner. I'll explain there." I choked out. "Oh, okay. I'll let Stein know so he'll be ready when you get there." Kid said. "Okay, thanks. Love you, bye." I said. "Bye, love you two." Kid replied and hung up. By the time I got to the DWMA, Kid was down at the bottom of the steps, waiting for us. Kid went to the other side of Conner and helped me get him up the steps. "Okay, what happened?" Kid asked. "We got to the last of the three kishins we had to kill and I think Conner got intimidated by it and gave into his fear. When I killed the kishin, it tried to make its last move by hitting me, but Conner jumped in front of me and got hit into a wall." I explained, tears coming back from the memory. Kid wiped them away. "It's okay, I'm sure he'll be fine. But, what happens to your fist?" Kid asked, observing my hand. "I punched a wall..." I said. Kid sighed as we arrived at the infirmary. In the infirmary, Stein sat waiting. We brought Conner over to the bed while Stein observed him. Kid walked over and grabbed bandages from a cabinet. He started wrapping my hand. And then, the other for symmetry. "Alright, what happened?" Stein asked. I explained the whole story while Stein bandaged some of Conner's injuries. "Will he be okay?" I asked. "I don't know..." Stein answered, writing on papers. "What the fuck do you mean 'you don't know'!?" I asked, clearly pissed off. Stein sighed. "I mean... He's in a coma..." Stein said. My whole world froze. "... A-... A coma...?" I stuttered in disbelief. Kid looked at me in sympathy. "... I'll go call Saga..." I muttered and left the room. I pulled out my phone and slid my back down the wall. "Hey, (Y/N)! How did Conner handle the mission?" Saga asked, cheerfully on the other end. ... Shit... "H-hey... Um... Please come to the DWMA... Conner... He's in a coma..." I choked out. It was silence until I heard a loud bang and then she hung up. (A/N: She threw the phone at a wall. If you were wondering...). While I was at it, I called the rest of the gang to tell them the news. When I was done, I went back in and sat beside Conner. All of a sudden, Saga and Natalie burst through the door. Saga ran to the other side of Conner, tears streaming down her face. She grabbed his hand and buried her head in her arm, shoulders bouncing slightly. The others came in through the door and stood at the end of Conner's bed. Kid came and sat next to me. "What happened?" Alex asked. I explained the story again. Saga may not have been looking at me but I know she was listening intently.

~Le Time Skip brought to you by: My death by Saga~

Still Reader's POV

After, I don't know how long, everyone left except for Saga, Kid, and I. Kid and I were about to leave though, unlike Saga who was going to spend the night. I went over and kissed Conner on the forehead. "I'm sorry again, Saga. There are so many reasons to how it's my fault." I apologized. "It's okay. He's strong. He'll be okay." Saga replied, staring at Conner's sleeping state. With that, Kid and I left, hoping Conner will be okay. That night I prayed. I prayed, and prayed that Conner would be okay. Oh Death, let him be okay...