Chapter Thirty Eight

*One month later*

I woke up and looked around, I sighed and stood up and walked over to the wall connecting Callie and I's room and slid to the floor. 

"Hey," I whispered, "are you up?"

I heard movement before a sleepy voice replied, "Yeah, did you sleep well?" 

I looked at the ground and said, "Yeah... I mean as good as somebody who has been kidnapped could, how about you?..." I drifted at the end thinking about my life before here, no it wasn't perfect but at least I could leave why did I EVER sneak out?!

"I slept well, but I've been here forever so... I've gotten use to it. You will too trust me." Callie replied quietly. 

"I'm not going to get used to it because I will get out, somebody must be looking for me... right?" I asked tearing up. 

"Honestly, maybe.. or maybe not. It depends my family gave up after a year and other girls family gave up after a few months." She spoke so calmly.

"Oh...." I replied, "I'm... uh going to lay down..." I walked over and curled into a ball. I had barely showered since I was here and when I did, I was being watched. Unlike Callie whom could sometimes walk around the house without his right up her, she didn't even try to leave anymore... I guess it's because she had for so long and it never worked so... she just gave up. I sat looking at the wall in my ripped shirt bra and panties, I thought I was alone before now I really was.

I remembered all the fun moments me and Sammy had, I remembered all the things Trevor and I did together, I remember Trevor singing to me and the day in the park. I held myself and cried some more. I hummed to myself through my sobs. I felt like if I sang to myself somehow he'd know I was still out there... alive. 

I heard knocking at the front door and then footsteps above me slowly walking towards the door, I tired to stop crying to listen in, I could't make out who it was. I figured it was just my father so I went back to looking at the wall. I was trapped and nobody even knew if I was alive. I doubt anyone is even looking...