Chapter One The Beginning

Hey, I'm Lily, and this is my book. Hehe enjoy.

----------------------------------

"Get out here, you worthless piece of shit!" I heard my dad yelling at me at the top of his lungs from outside my door. I sat there in my bed crying, this was normal. In fact, he did it everyday. He went out, got drunk, and came back to beat the shit out of me. It was a normal thing, I guess. Part of the norm.

I got off my bed and ran to the door trying desperately to block it. I pushed my dresser in front of the door and got out my backpack for school. I packed up as quickly as possible. When I was finished I crawled out my window and ran to school.

It was time for me to then deal with all the drama there. See, I'm not the most popular kid, I'm just another girl that goes to my school. My name is Kitty and I'm 14 years old. I live in LA with my dad. I have only like one good friend, and her name is Jessie.

She's always been there for me, and knows what's going on at home with my dad.

After running a mile to school I rush inside and find Jessie. She's sitting by herself at our table. I felt slightly bad because I usually get there at the same time. But she didn't seem to care, which is what I liked about her. She knew I had enough stress at home so she didn't make a big deal about anything small.

I love her for it. For understanding.

~~

Edited by @RavenTheKitteh

9/15/2014