Chapter 37

A/N: Get some tissues

Frankie

"Is everything alright?" I asked, inching closer to him.

I couldn't help but notice the distraught, melancholic look on his face. From the way his eyes were re I could tell that he had either been smoking too much, or he had been crying. But I doubt it was the latter. His charcoal hair looked disheveled, and there was the familiar horrible stench of alcohol covering his clothes like a layer, and of course, there was a bottle of a half empty Jack Daniels next to him, as well as a pack of cigarettes. 

I began to grow worried as he sighed and pushed his hair back with his eyes screwed shut.

"Zayn?"  I asked, taking a seat on the dusty seat next to him.

It was quiet for a few minutes, and on instinct, I thought I would put my arms around him to know I was there for him, and I soon as I did, he flinched, making me retract my arms.

"Sorry..." I mumbled.  What I didn't understand was why he had called me over, and then acted like I wasn't even there, like I was being a bother. I took my bag of the floor and began to walk back up to my house.

"I met my birth mum today." 

I froze in place, my heart suddenly beating ten times faster. His birth mum...

"And she is...nothing like expected her to be." He spoke, in a soft, raspy voice.

I turned around and looked at him, expecting to seen him in the same position I left him in. Instead, I was gobsmacked by what my eyes met.

Zayn was now looking at me, his hands pushing his hair out of his face and he was leaned forward. His already red eyes were now welled up with tears. I could see a few stray strands down his cheeks.  He looked like a child. Like a little broken child. He looked like...like me.

"Zayn-"

"Do you know how long I have waited, just so I could meet the woman who gave birth to me?" He cried.

"Zayn-"

"I had so many questions to ask her, but it's like my mind went numb as soon as she identified herself."

"Zayn-"

"I asked her, "So where's m father?", you know what she said?" 

"Z-"

" 'I don't know'. That's what she told me! She said she doesn't know who my fucking dad is! She said that I wasn't expected, and that the best she could've done was give me to a family wanted me!" He yelled.

"Zayn please-"

"Do you know what that means?! It means she didn't want me! My own mother didn't want me! Do you know how that makes me feel?" He sobbed.