Chapter 40

Zayn

"You know you have a lot of guts stepping back onto our side." I spat, staring at the lurid human in front of me.

"Well little Malik, you didn't really think I would back out of the game just like that would you?"  he laughed repulsively.

"Well not since you ran out on me with your tail in between your legs am I right Saunders?" I replied, spitting out a little bit of blood.

He growled furiously and pounced back at me once more, but I blocked his weak attempt of a punch. He was useless without his gun. I bit back a laugh and said again.

"Can't even throw a punch." 

This angered him even more, and as a result he kicked me harshly on my thigh; I returned the kick, however on his abdomen. 

"Give up Gabe! You can't beat me, you never will, and I'm going to end you right here. Right now." 

I was infuriated at the smug look on his face.

"I'm still going to tell her, whether it be me, or one of my men, she will  find out and I will be there when she leaves your sorry ass." He spoke causing me to flinch.

Three hours earlier 

I sat down on the bench silently watching everyone converse between their selves. I had only arrived about twenty minutes ago, and from what I heard, the warehouse had been attacked by none other than 'The Fires'. Rumors had circulated a few weeks earlier about how Gabe had returned.  I ignored them at first because of what they were, rumors.

However, the so called rumors had been proven to be correct when there had been a report of an attack late night last week when I was at home. We managed to track The Fires down to find out they had relocated and were war ready. We all met up at our warehouse, all together and in the same place, since The Fires were said to attack tonight.

"Okay, Iv'e been ignoring that look for too long. What's on your mind?" Harry suddenly asked, taking a seat next to me. 

"Stressed out is all." I replied simply not meeting his eyes.  Not only was Harry my gang mate, he was also one of my best friends. He knew when I was telling the truth. Right now I was not, and I couldn't meet his gaze.

"Zayn lad, come on. Do you really expect me to believe that you're fine when you can't even look me in the eye?" He asked. When I didn't reply, he sighed and patted my back.

"Come on, lets roll one, get your mind off all this." He said, standing up. I followed his steps outside the corridor, where the chattering was nothing but a little buzz. 

We sat for a few minutes in silence, and he passed my the blunt. I inhaled deeply and heard him talk.