Chapter 38

A/N: Might be triggering.

Frankie 

I woke up in a startle looking around the room for the cause of the constant tapping. My eyes led me to the window and I got out of my bed immediately, not caring about my lack of clothing, as I saw a hooded figure tapping at my window at three a.m.

I grabbed the first thing on my left which happened to be a paintbrush, stab whoever it was with it. But as I neared the window, I was met with the familiar chestnut eyes trying to look through the tinted window. Immediately, my heart caught in my chest. Ever since our little heart to heart a week ago, he hadn't shown up at school that whole week and hadn't opened his blinds either. His car was gone throughout the day and I only caught signs of him being home late at night. Of course, as his very un-clingy yet totally lovely girlfriend, I thought he'd want space to get his mind right. That's always something I wanted when my father was still in my life.

"Zayn? What are you doing its freezing outside!" I whisper yelled as I opened the window.

He jumped down of the sill and looked at me deep in the eyes. I was just then noticing his eyes were a little glossy and his nose slightly red.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep, you mind if I crash here?" He asked looking as innocent as ever.

"Make yourself comfortable I'll just get a bigger blanket." I said, trudging up to the closet's bottom drawer where there was an extra blanket.

When I turned back round, I saw Zayn still frozen in his spot, not moving an inch, as his eyes scanned the room silently.

"Zayn." I called, laying the blanket on the bed.

He nodded his head towards me in response.

"Are you just going to stand there?" I sighed.

"Right. Sorry, I just didn't think you's want me to-"

"You want to talk about it? I can tell by now when something's on your mind babe." I dead-panned.

It was so quiet that you could here a pin drop.

"Come with me." I reached my hand out to him. Slowly, he put his palm in mine and quickly, I dragged him out of my room. I lead him down the stairs, making sure not to make any noise that would wake up Sacari and Zack (since he was sleeping over). I made my way to the familiar platinum door.

As soon as I turned on the bright light, I saw Zayn's eyes enlarge. I had definitely been doing more painting ever since he was last in here and not to boast but my paintings become even better with every time I put the brush to the paper. I was definitely proud of myself.

"Woah. You are really talented Frankie." Zayn looked around the room, eyes wide.

"That's not why we're here, follow me." I said, leading him to the corner of the room where I kept more private paintings. I looked at the five canvas' that had been flipped to face the wall. Ever since I set them there, I never looked back on them. However, if that was the only way to get Zayn to really trust me, then I guess I would have to suck it up.