Chapter 23

Frankie

"Frankie baby, pack your your stuff, we're going! Quickly! Hurry up honey!" My mum said frantically waking me up from my little nap.

"What? Mum, whats going on?" am uneasy six year old me said.

"Nothing hun, we're just going away for a little while. Pack your stuff." She said, and kept looking behind her as if she was running away from something.

Just then, a loud BANG came from the other room. 

"Hurry up sweetie!"

**

I looked in the mirror. Simply staring. Not liking at all what I was looking at.

'Why am I so imperfect.' I thought.

'Why doesn't he want me.' I thought turning around, still facing the mirror.

'Why does he do this to me.' I thought again looking at the burn marks underneath my left breast.

I sighed as I felt the familiar empty feeling in my chest.

This was too much for my 13 year old body to handle.

I began to tremble as I heard the front door shut with the familiar Bang.

"I'm home baby!" His sick taunting voice yelled from the living room.

**

"I don't know Charlie! He's the one who was all over me, not the other way around.!" I yelled at my boyfriend.

"Bullshit Frankie. He's my best friend! Why would he lie about something like that! Oh and don't think I don't see you staring at him everyday, I just learn to deal with it! How would you like it if I was all over your best friend. Oh that's right. You don't have any. You fucking loner. No one wants to be your fucking friend!"

He yelled in my face. 

"I didn't do anything! You're just too big headed and a dumb ass to see that!" I yelled back. This was my first mistake of the day. I knew that caught him off guard. I'd never insulted him before. 

It all happened to fast and in a flash, I felt the burning sensation on my right cheek.

He slapped me. 

Charlie Connors just slapped a girl.

"Now you listen here you little bitch. Don't ever say that again! 

I nodded my head immediately, not wanting to aggravate him even more since he was most likely going to tell my father I had insulted him. 

I was  only 14. Why was this happening."