Chapter 27

Frankie

I embraced my mum in a massive hug, as soon as she walked through the door. I'd missed her so much. But not as much as I've missed my grandma. I hadn't seen her in years. I broke the hug with my mum and pounced on my grandma. So much love going on.

It was Christmas day, and I'm so excited for whats to come. This would be my first Christmas in England with my sister, grandma, and mum. The three most important women in my life. I just loved them so much, and I was so happy to spend this Christmas with them.

We walked into the house. By we I mean they did. I hopped on my crutches. It'd been hell these past couple of days with these crutches on, but I get the cast of in five weeks. I couldn't wait. 

Sacari and I are in matching onesies. Just like old times. 

The presents were under the tree, the lights were twinkling, and there was snow everywhere. This is gonna be the best Christmas I have had in a long time.And I sure as hell am looking forward to it.

It is 6:00am now, that means we were yet to get started on Breakfast. So as soon as my mum and grandma came, they put their presents they got for us, under the tree and we headed to the kitchen. 

Obviously I didn't participate in the cooking. I just did little things. I couldn't cook for shit. I would probably burn the place down if I ever attempt to cook a meal, or go next to a stove. So I just stuck around the kitchen and didn't do much. 

For a bit, I thought about inviting Zayn over, because yesterday, he told me that his parents had gone to Palm Springs for the holidays, and he didn't  really celebrate Christmas, obviously because of religious reasons. But that didn't stop me wanting to invite him over so we could spend the whole day together. I mean, even though he didn't celebrate Christmas, didn't mean I didn't want to give him a taste of what it felt like, or wanted him to stay at home alone all by himself. 

One thing I didn't get though is, why he so secretive about why he hated the holidays. I mean, I tried asking him the last time, but he didn't answer and he said he was 'tired' so I got kicked out. I don't want to be seen as that clingy girlfriend, who worries about all the shit her boyfriend does. That's not me. I'll give him the space he needs. And plus. This got too serious, I didn't even know we were gonna last this long. And not that I don't like him or anything, I do, very much. But I didn't want the relationship where we kept stuff from each other. I knew my past was a secret to him too. But I planned to tell him. Hopefully he tells me about him too. But if he doesn't wanna tell me. He doesn't have to. 

Space matters in a relationship.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my mum, asking me if I could set the table. Obviously, I agreed. So I got out five plates out of the cabinet. five cutlery each, five napkins, and five glasses. Yes five of each. I just made up my mind that I was going to invite Zayn over. Why not? This was the perfect time for it. Everyone was in a happy mood. And I thought they might like him. 

I put the red lace table cloth over the table and set the plates on the table, cutlery, napkins, and glasses. I picked up my crutches and called Sacari over quick.

"Whats up?" she asked once we were alone.

"I was wondering if I could invite Zayn over for the day?" I asked.

She paused for a moment.

"Sure. Sounds good." she replied with a smile.

"Thank you so much, it's just his parents aren't in the country and I don't want him to be alone, today. You don't know how much this means to me." I replied. She chuckled.