Chapter 10

Frankie

Butterflies : An  Insect with wings.

Or

A rushing feeling felt in the inner stomach.

Butterflies. That's exactly what I feel right now.

I couldn't believe I was only in my fourth week of school, and my first official relationship. It had only been a week yet I was completely smitten with Zayn. I realised sometimes that he was quite distant and quiet, but throughout the week, I found myself grinning widely at the thought of him.

"Frankie, you can answer that!" The teacher suddenly yelled breaking me out of my thouhts.

"What?" I said blushing a bit when I realised the attention was on me.

"Answer the question." The teacher said and the class chuckled a bit.

"2a + 2b?" I asked, feeling my face grow warmer at how idiotic I was.

"That would be a good answer... if we were in math." She sighed.

"Sorry Miss."

"Pay attention next time. " 

I nodded, she said and the returned to whatever to face the board. 

I felt a paper being thrown at my head.

"Good Job Sanford." Kingsley mouthed to me.  

*

It was now after my English lesson and I had a call back after school, I may or may not have day dreamed a couple more times. But I wasn't the only one. Kingsley had one too.

If you're wondering what a call back is, at my school, it happens before it happens before a detention. A detention has a specific time. But a call back can be as long as the teacher wants it to be.

Anyway I was now on my way to the my car. It was 4:30pm, and the girls had already left because I was keeping long. As I walked to the parking lot, I saw Zayn's car near the gates. But what I saw shocked me the most. Zayn had Kingsley pinned up against a wall with an angry expression on his face.

"Where's my money Brooks I won't ask one last fucking time, because you are way past your due date." He barked at him.

Were they still in an argument? Ever since that last time at the coffee stand I thought they would have resolved things. Clearly not.

"Zayn?" I asked, as I neared the pair.

Zayn snapped his head to me, and I stared at him wide eyed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your little friend here has a few debts." He growled glaring back at Kingsley.

"Come on Malik, I just need a few more days I'm almost there-" Kingsley pleaded.

"You've been saying that for a month! If you know you can't pay for kush, don't buy it!" Zayn retorted.

"You smoke?" I asked curiously at Kingsley.

"No, I swear I don't! I was doing a favour for a friend. Do I look like an addict to you?" As a result Zayn banged him on the wall again.

"I don't care who it was for, I want my seven hundred!" Zayn yelled again, and raised his hand up.

"No, no Zayn stop!" I quickly butt in.

"I'll pay for it." 

Both heads turned to me. One expression surprised, and the other thankful. 

"Don't pay nothing for this little shit." Zayn said. 

"He's my friend it's okay, I honestly don't mind." I sighed.

"Thank you so much. I promise I'll pay you back every penny." Kingsley said gratefully and I shook my head quietly. 

"It's okay. Honestly."  I said, dragging Zayn away, to prevent him causing anymore damage.