Chapter 39

Frankie

The next morning, I woke up feeling a heavy weight on my waist. I yawned slightly and rubbed my eyes, looking around the room to see everything blurry. I reached over the night stand to grab my glasses and slipped them on, taking a second look at my surroundings. Looking down, I saw a large hand draped over my waist, which snapped me back to reality. Zayn. I looked to my left to find him sleeping softly. His lips were in a slight frown, however his eyes fluttered lightly as he snored quietly. His hair covered his forehead a little bit, nevertheless I could see the little beauty spot on the side of his face. But wait, I thought I was the big spoon.

Slowly, I lifted his heavy arm of my waist and put a pillow in place instead and searched for my phone on the nightstand. 7:38AM it read, which made me sigh. I thought of the earlier morning events. Zayn would probably not be up for school; we might as well take the day off. I threw my hair up in a bun and slipped on my slippers.

'Getting breakfast with Zac then off to work, see you for dinner.' – Sacari

Was the note on the fridge when I finally arrived downstairs. Sacari would probably be late for dinner, but I wasn't complaining, I had already accepted that her job would require her out and about, and plus me being here wasn't going to stop her from having a life anyway and I really didn't mind. I decided to make some waffles for myself and extra in case Zayn wanted some. As I made them my mind couldn't help but drift to the events of earlier in the day.

Zayn actually opened up to me about what he was feeling. I tried to understand everything he was saying because in a way, we had both been through similar tragedies. Zayn was cold at times, yes. But I wouldn't turn my back on him if he needed me. Not only because I care about him, but because it had always been naturally in my character. However, its not one-sided, I know he cares about me, due to the many unfortunate events I burst out crying and he had to be my comforter. He might not admit, and I don't mean to have a big ego, but last night I could see it in his eyes that he really wanted me to be there for him. And since I noticed that, the heart-warming feeling in my chest hasn't left.

"Hello?" I answered my phone once I heard the familiar 'Imagine Dragons' ringtone.

"Its Liam." 

"Hey Liam, what's up?" I asked, pressing the phone down between my shoulder and my ear as I stirred the mix.

"Is Zayn with you? His phone's off and I can't reach him." He said frantically, just then I heard the sound of what seemed to be like plates crashing. 

"Its urgent." He continued.

I furrowed my eyebrows in concern holding the phone right again.

"Yeah he's upstairs. Can it wait? He's not had sleep this whole week and he's knocked out."  I asked, wiping my hands to walk up the stairs.

"I'm sorry-"  He paused as the sound of various items clashing sounded through the phone.

"It's an emergency! Tell him to get to the ware house qui-" Just like that, the call cut.

"Shoot."