Chapter 1

Frankie

I took in my surroundings as the taxi took off behind me; right palm clammy from the excessive squeezing of the blue suitcase in my grip, and left palm simply from the balling of my fist from sheer agitation. 

This was it. This was the place.

Post all the years of strive and agony, I had arrived. I had left the past to be just as it was, the past, and brought myself to do this.

With one foot in front of the other, slowly I made my way up the small, yet breathtaking driveway taking in the scenery. The house was composed of grey wooden panels on the exterior, holding it up together. I rapidly took notice of the greenery surrounding the house as well. 

She did always love to garden.

Before I could comprehend, I let go of one hand, lifting it up to ring the doorbell. No more than two minutes shortly, the door opened to reveal the brown eyed, brown haired brunette I had not seen in years; my other half, my beautiful sister.

"Frankie!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Sacari." I said in a barely audible tone. I couldn't even find my voice. I was so overjoyed that I couldn't even voice it out if I tried. Truly, I had missed her so much.

"I really missed you." I told her, tears starting to gather in my eyes.

"I missed you too; so so much." her voice cracked. 

We finally pulled away after what seemed like hours, and she helped me get my things inside the house.

The house was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the exterior. My vision was obscured slightly, not only because I didn't have my glasses on, but I couldn't see much from where I was standing. However, from what I could manage out, there was evidently an occurring theme of white throughout the house; her favourite colour.

"Welcome . . . welcome to my- well your house too now" she beamed and I saw the familiar crinkle of her nose, and dimples I had missed too much.

"Thanks, I love it; it's stunning." I replied, and she nodded her head. 

"Let me show you your room, you must be mad tired from the trip here." She told me, carrying one of my suitcases.

"Not too tired; surprisingly, I slept throughout the whole plane ride here, and then a little bit on the train." I responded, all the while she was leading me up the stairs.

"You kipped on the train?" she laughed. "You're brave babe, even I don't sleep on the train, and you did that on your first day!"

"You won't even believe how tired I was, it was ungodly."

Before I knew, we were at a white wooden door, with a silver handle.

"So this is your room, I left it plain because I know how you love to decorate things yourself. So you can decorate everything however you'd like." she said, smiling.

"Thanks." I said grinning back. I hadn't even seen the room, and I knew it was already too much that I deserved.

"Anytime. Just set your things down and meet me downstairs so I can show you around." She said.

"Okay." I replied.

She beamed at me, closing the door, leaving me in the medium sized bedroom.

It was . . . nice. The walls were plain white, I was guessing she was leaving the wallpaper to me. And the bed had plain sheets and covers. I guess she was leaving that to me as well. And there was a nice little en suite with a mirror and everything in there. In the room, there was also a vanity.