Chapter 24

Frankie

Do you ever get that feeling like you feel dead, but at the same time alive?

Well it's like when you've had too much to drink, your body shuts down, but your mind goes straight to work. Or maybe you feel dead, but you know, you're alive, or even like when you sleep walk. Your body tells you to shut the fuck up and sleep, but then your mind being the bitch it is, decides to fuck around a little. 

All that, was happening to me right now. I'm conscious but I'm not.

But for these past few days of being unconscious, Iv'e been in my happy place. 

In my happy place, I have a big house, never have to do chores, eat random jack all day, and water is lemonade.

I know that sounds a bit fucked up. It is. But its also very legit.

When I shower, Nutella. When I cry, Nutella. When it rains, Nutella. When I flush my the toilet, nutella, when I drink water, nutella. Juice box, 50 percent lemonade,50 percent fruit mix.  The trees are made of gumballs and have a fudge topping and a chocolate bark. The grass is little pieces of lickerish. The clouds are cotton candy.

The people are a gingerbread race, the mountains are ice creams, the roads are made of bacon strips, and its just on big food mix. 

If you wanna go for a swim, in The River Nutella, (which would be the river Thames. For all us Brits.), you have to wear a pizza bikini, or you can go naked. It doesn't matter. Its your choice.

The gingerbread people didn't judge. 

It's all perfect except one thing.

I'm alone. I'm all alone. Being the only human gets pretty lonely, because don't get me wrong, the ginger bread folk are sweet, I just wish there was someone like me in here. But I suppose since it is my happy place, I'm meant to be alone.

On some nights, I get nightmares. And its all about this bad man who keeps chasing me. When he catches me, he does really bad things to me. Then I wake up, and its all just one dream. 

But today was different.  Today I didn't awaken to my baby gingerbread brother crying his eyes out.

I didn't awaken to my 3 gingerbread sisters jumping on my bread bed.

Instead I woke up on Mount Sundae. Only Mount Sundae. No duvet, No bed, No sisters, No brothers. 

I looked down at the city. I saw that the clouds were crumbling. The trees were falling, everything was melting. All the Nutella was drying up, Bacon roads were being destroyed. The gingerbread people were crumbling as well. 

And then slowly, everything started to disappear. And Mount Sundae began to melt. Until slowly I hit the ground, and blacked out.

**

*beep*          *beep*         *beep*  

The beep got louder and quicker as I started to panic. I looked down and saw that I was wearing white. And covered in a white blankets, with wires attached all over me.

I'm in a hospital?

The beeping got louder, and even more quicker, and then suddenly my head felt like it had been hit with a hammer. I clutched it really tightly. Then as if on Que, my stomach started  hurt like crazy.