Chapter 43

Frankie

  Waking up this morning was a battle. I felt flustered, cold, but in a strange way . . . lifted. I fluttered my eyes open, squinting at how bright and blurry my surroundings were. I reached for my glasses which I left on my nightstand, but my hand dropped immediately. It was then that I noticed the grey and white walls.

My room was white.

I sat up, to a metallic ding that went off but the noise was distant. The sudden breeze that sent goosebumps down my spine was what made me realize I was in fact very naked. 

Even though no one was around, I felt a small blush on my cheeks as the memories of the night before rushed back to me. I let out a small squeal of excitement, looking to my right, expecting to see Zayn by my side. He wasn't there however, which let down my mood a little at the fact that I didn't wake up next to him. But I was sure there was a meaningful explanation for this.

Remaining positive, I reached for my underwear that was on the floor next to me and slid them up my legs. I did the same for the plaid shirt Zayn had given to me yesterday and buttoned the last four buttons only, leaving the first four, and lifted myself off the bed. I walked to the en suite, washing my face and using a little mouth wash, before stepping outside the room. The strong smell off burnt toast hit me immediately, which made me laugh knowing what Zayn was doing downstairs. 

And there he was in all his danger, and all his glory, his boxer covered back to me and facing the stove. I tiptoed behind him quietly wrapping my arms around his back. His head turned slightly, and I could just make out the small smile that painted his lips. 

"Good morning." I croaked with a grin.

"Morning beautiful." he turned facing me, his hands resting on my thighs.

"You've been busy?" I teased.

"You ruined the surprise, I was going to bring you breakfast in bed." he pouted.

"From the smell in here, I'm not so sure I want what you're cooking."

"Shutup its just toast. I made pancakes; my specialty." 

"Did you now?"

"Turn around love." 

And there they were. Pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries decorated on the top, stacked neatly in a four. I walked over to the table immediately. 

"These look so yum." I smiled  in admiration.

"I made them hun, of course they do. Taste come on." he sat next to me.  I was shocked at the burst of flavours in my mouth at that second. 

"Woah, these are really good." I told him. A phrase to make him even more cocky.

"It's like 7am now." Zayn sat by me once again when his pancakes were done.

"Okay good, because I have a lot of things to do before tonight." I remembered.

" What's tonight?" 

I paused for a moment, looking at him with disbelief.

"Prom Zayn." I laughed. If I had looked down a second later, I wouldn't have noticed his now cold look. He froze a little, but only for a split second but he brushed it off.