Chapter 45

Frankie

"You do realise this isn't a 'go face your enemies' kind of thing right. I'm talking about getting your diploma. This is graduation, you can't just miss that." Kingsley finished over the phone.

I sighed and wiped my paint covered hands on my apron.

"It's not that I don't want to come, it's that graduation ceremonies are supposed to be an event where you stand with not only your family, but your friends look at  you and stand together saying 'we mad it'. I'd be the only one there with no friends, especially after what happened last time. Besides, Iv'e already graduated, I don't need to be there. I'm not ready to face all of them again." 

"I don't want  to force you if you don't want to, but it's been two weeks. The final stage of getting over a breakup is accepting the fact that he hurt you and get over it. You need to accept the fact that you've been hurt not only by Zayn, but by all your friends; I know deep down you have. Graduation is one of the key moments of your life. You can't miss that." 

I looked at my finished painting; trying to see what else I could include. Something was missing, but I didn't know what it was. But then my mind pondered back to Kingsley who was on the other line. If I did go, I'd be receiving my diploma and enjoying one of the key moments in my life, yes. But I would be severely embarrassed and drained at the same time, because I hadn't seen the whole school for two weeks, and I'd now be going to meet the stares and whispers. However, if I didn't go I'd be at home being at one with myself, but I would never be able to fully heal and accept the fact that I was going to see everyone for the last and never again. Kingsley was right. It was better to get it done and over with.

"Fine." I sighed.

"You're coming?! Yes! I'll pick you up at 1, it starts at 2 and we need to be there earlier to take our robes and all that."

"Alright. I best go and get sleep then. Its 3am." I laughed.

"I know, but I knew you'd be awake. You've happened to be up these past few days at this hour."

We said our last few 'see you later's' and I hung up.

I took the painting of the easel and walked to the slightly filled  corner on the right. The struggle to find the perfect position for the new painting was skyrocketing. I hardly painted anything for this corner so I didn't understand why it was so crammed. I swept away a few sketches and paintings to one side, looking through to see what I would and wouldn't keep. I might as well have done some cleaning while I was down there.

I saw a few amateur sketches I had done in my first to second year of discovering art. I laughed at a few and put them aside; I would get rid of them later.

A few minutes into my art cleaning, I stumbled across three identical drawings. The only problem with them was, I don't remember working on them. One drawing had a colourful back ground, but had  what looked to be two human hearts bound together with in a tight rope. The two hearts had nails, blood, and band aids all over them. The second was the same thing but black and white, and the last had a sepia them to it. The similarities between the two hearts were the bulging veins, blood, band aids and nails stabbed into them. My heart started to thump, as I tried to think of a day or time I had drawn this.

And then I noticed the extremely faint z.m in the bottom corner of the pages.

* *

"Relax okay, the ceremony is three hours, and your sister and Zac are going to be there, and your grandma and mum are coming later today. You are surrounded by people who want your best okay, don't freak out." Kingsley coo'd.