Chapter 44

Niall

When I was around six or seven, I moved into the city. My parents were not well-off neither did we have to go hungry, but the lifestyle we lived in wasn't a good one. As I got older, I began to get into bad habits: smoking, drinking; One night I got into a bar fight. The man that I was up against had to be at least 21 or 22, I was only around 14. I was sloppily drunk and littered in bruises, then came literally in that moment, my saviour.

Zayn Malik at only 15, despite not knowing how to fight, rescued me from what to me looked like near death. He became one of my best friends ever since. Not once had I seen him falter or show any sign of weakness. I'd never seen him break, cry, or look so lost and frightened; never.

But when I looked at him now, I'd seen a mix of emotions yet melancholy and nostalgia were what told me that Zayn Malik had officially broke.

Third Person

It had been at least two days since the oldest Sanford saw her little sister. Worry could not describe her emotions anymore. Her little sister had locked herself in her bedroom and say nothing to anyone. Her mother and grandmother had each attempted to call the shattered girl, to try and get her to come outside. Emphasis on attempted. Frankie's phone had been switched off for two days because she didn't have her phone. It was in her purse, which she had left at the school. Zac had also tried to talk to her, but as usual, had no luck.

Her bedroom windows were closed and the curtains drawn. The lights remained off and the door of course, locked. Sacari left her food morning, afternoon, and evening, with a little note of encouragement on the side, so when she left for work and her sister opened up to find the food, she would feel motivated to come outside and let it all out. Her attempt at this had failed miserably. The only noises that could be heard were the faint sounds of cries that Sacari would hear when she passed by her sisters' door; this broke her heart. 

It was the third day, and Sacari was skeptical about leaving for work, as she usually was for the past two days but she knew she had to go. She left a plate of eggs and toast, picking up the plate from the night before, and sighed before walking down the stairs. She dropped the plate in the sink, and picked up her keys, before  speeding down the road.

Hiding in the bushes, a very sneaky, rushed, Kingsley ran quickly to the front door, letting himself in and closed the door silently behind him. He looked around slightly, noticing how silent it was, as if the house was deserted. He quickly ran up the stairs in his scruffy converse to Frankie's room. Kingsley was slightly surprised at the plate of food and note outside the door. It all made sense to him then, Frankie hadn't come out of her room ever since she went in. This would explain why she hadn't been at school.

"Frankie?" he knocked three times, in a quiet voice. There was brief commotion on the other side of the door, before footsteps neared the door and then suddenly, a loud bang sounded near Kingsley's head; shocking him.

"Fuck off." Kingsley was slightly taken aback by the voice he heard. The one he was used to was lighter and more positive. This new voice was dark, croaky, negative, and wavered by those two simple words.

"Frankie come on, I'm here to check on you to see of you're okay. I had nothing to do with what happened to you." Attempt number one.

"Liar! Liars. All of you. If you don't get lost right now I'm calling the police."