Chapter 33

NATALIE'S POV

I woke up to a massive pain in my stomach. I get up and run to my bathroom. I panic and don't know what to do, then it happens. Blood. Everywhere.

I start screaming and Keaton comes running in, "OH MY GOD!" He screams. I start crying, and keep telling my self my baby is okay.

I get cleaned up and we rush to the hospital. I tell the doctor's everything and they do a tiny ultrasound.

"Ma'am, that was a close one. You almost lost your baby. This might happen to you a couple of times during your pregnancy since your young. If it happens again, you'll be fine. The baby will be okay too. It's just a reaction I guess," He sighs, with a reassuring smile.

"Thank God, thanks doc." I smile.

We walk out and rush home. I run up to the bathroom and start cleaning the mess. Makes me want to puke. I'm so blessed though.

**********

I walk downstairs and see the boys just sitting there. "You guys okay?" I ask.

They turn around and see me. "Uh, your brother died today from a murder," Drew tells me.

I just stand there and look at them, speechless. "No, he couldn't. No," I tell them. I don't give a crap if he hurt me, I still loved him to death, and I knew he loved me.

"Yes, yes he did. They found him this morning, dead." Keaton says.

I just walk upstairs, just shocked. Not crying at all or nothing. I feel no tears, I guess I'm just dried out from crying a ton this morning.

I lock the door behind me and sit on my bed. I pick up my guitar and start playing and singing one of his favorite songs.

White lips, pale face

Breathing in the Snow flakes

I hit the last note and just sit there calm, trying to think of another favorite song of his. Then it hit me. It was from Rascal Flats. 'What Hurts The Most' I start playing that song and try to think of the words.

I grab my computer and log into YouTube and hit the 'record' button.

I actually let a tear go. "Oh, hey guys, um, well. I just found out my brother died this morning from a murder. That's really hard. So, I'm just gonna play you one of his favorite songs by Rascal Flatts. It's "What Hurts The Most'

I hope you enjoy it."

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house

That don’t bother me

I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out

I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while

Even though going on with you gone still upsets me

There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok

But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most

Was being so close

And having so much to say

And watching you walk away

And never knowing

What could have been

And not seeing that loving you

Is what I was tryin’ to do