Chapter 9- The Mystery of Z-City

"Looks like this is City Z." A large male said in a deep voice. He was dressed like a high school jock, with the blue jeans, beanie, and a baseball jacket that said "Golden Ball" on it.
"We shall start the investigation immediately." Another voice next to him said. He was dressed in a dapper suit, and had the most amazing stache.

"If we go from here to the Eastern outskirts then there's a deserted town there. A few years ago there was a rapid increase of high level mysterious forms and a mass migration of people to this metropolis."

"It's turned into a ghost town, with the electricity and water lines remaining. Basically it's very cheap to live here." The guy with the mustache said.

"You kidding? The area outside City Z is like ruins and shit." The other guy said chewing on a lollipop.
"I've heard a rumor that there's a crazy ass monster roaming around here. You heard'em too right?" He asks.

"But of course, so this investigation was left in our hands." The mustache guy said. If you haven't guessed already, these guys are heroes. The guy with the awesome stache was the Rank 33 A-class hero Spring Mustache (seems appropriate). The other guy was Golden Ball, like it said on his jacket, and he was a Rank 29 A-class hero.

"I don't intend to move aside if we do encounter this monster." Golden ball said oozing with confidence.
-----------------
Meanwhile in the City Z Associations headquarters. There was a major patrol check going on.

"We'll get into each point of investigation."

"First: City Q investigation; S-class hero Watchdog." A suit-clad man said to a man dressed in a dog suit. He seemed to be receiving info for this investigation.
"Nothing unusual." Watchdog said.

"Nothing unusual?"
"He's being irresponsible again. City Q should be one of the foremost active cities." Another man in a suit said.

"Well if you narrow down his work within City Q itself, he's had quite a good record with eliminating monsters." The lead man said.

"Continuing on, leading the investigation in City W is A class hero Heavy Kong; Nothing unusual."
"City H; the ones in charge are B class hero Mashrule and C class hero Umabourne; Nothing Unusual."

"City B and City D seemed to have suffered quite some damage. Criticisms against the organization have been coming in as well." A women reported.

"Well in order to prevent that we'll need to get information well in advance about any sinister movements." The man said.

"These scheduled accident reports are for that reason." A man with a big nose said.
"City F; the person in charge is A class hero Sneck the biting snake fist. There have been sightings of the former leader of that terrorist group, Hammerhead."

"How about Z-city?"
"There's a rumor of some devastating monster around the outskirts of the city. In regards to that city, two A-class heroes have been reported." An official reported.
------------------
"There are various theories for these strange occurances, the most known being: the monsters communicate with each other and terrorize the city; they have colonies in which they could spouse; there's a queen that gives birth to different kinds of monsters. It's around here." Spring mustache said.

"There's no decisive evidence, but judging from the conditions in the area. There's something in this ghost town, no doubt." He added.
------------------
Somewhere in Saitama's apartment Genos sensed something.
'Somethings here...an approaching response?'
-------------------
"If we can get to the bottom of this mystery then our ranks could rise." Golden ball said.
"Yes, and we'll knock Amai mask right out of top rank." Spring mustache said. Ok, so it's obvious that rank is the prime motivation here. The two heroes continued until something in the distance caught their attention. They snapped their heads in the direction and quickly followed.
-----------------------
Genos stayed silent sand then went back to cleaning the toilets.
'Doesn't seem like their interested in this place.' He thought.
-----------------------
"This is the rumored area. I'm sensing a similar presence. Even if we came all the way out here? Want to go mess up some stuff to cure our boredom?" A distorted voice rang through the streets. The voice belonged to a big monster composed of seaweed. It was covered head to toe except for one eye bulging out. Spring Mustache and Golden Ball looked alarmed when they spotted the thing.