Chapter 29- Competitions and a Familiar Foe

Tohru continued running through the black landscape.

'Am I going to end up here every time?!' She thought. She skidded to a stop and collapsed onto her knees. She clutched her head trying not to let the pain overtake her.

"YoU'vE bECoMe tOo wEAk. I cAn eASily OVerTaKE yOu nOw, beTTer nOt lOSe hOLd oF yOuR SAniTy." The voice said and let out a sickly laugh. The images came flashing at her again. There was Garou, it seemed as though he was the next threat.

"Tohru!" A woman called. Tohru looked up and saw an image of her mother like on movie screen.
"Don't take her away! My baby!" She screamed in both English and Japanese. Tohru reached out confused.

'Take me away.' She thought and she flinched hard again.

"Mom.." Tohru mumbled before everything became shrouded in darkness.
----------------------

Tohru snapped her eyes open again and breathed in and out. She rubbed her face and felt something shift on her left. She looked and saw Gale sleeping there.

"Oh yeah, I forgot we let him stay here." Tohru whispered.

"Please ladies one at a time." Gale said he had a dreamy expression on his face while drool dripped from the side of his mouth. Tohru sweatdropped and had to fight the urge to hit him.

'Typical.' She thought.

"Another bad dream?" Genos asked to her right. She jumped a bit and breathed out a sigh.

"Yeah." She responded simply.

"Waaaiiit, why are you awake and next to my futon?" She asked skeptically.

"Watching to see if he does anything." Genos said and pointed to a drooling Gale.

"That sounds Yandere." Tohru commented making him raise a brow in confusion.

"Describe the dream." Genos said and sat in a criss-cross applesauce way.
"Let's see.." She said and put her finger on her chin. "Running through a dark landscape, creepy voice, Garou, and..." She trailed off.

"And?" Genos asked.
"My..mom." She said in a tiny voice. Genos stayed silent as if in thought.
"Wait, why was Garou there?" Genos asked.
"I don't know, it was like a warning sign or something. This is Behemoth probably." She said.

"And your mother?" Genos added. Tohru sighed, "I saw her face, although she was saying something about don't take me away or something." She said.
"The first time I see her face again after a while." Tohru said sadly. Genos looked at her face full of emotion. "Ugh, these dreams are so confusing." She said and ruffled her own hair.

"You need sleep." Genos said suddenly.
"Won't argue with you there." Tohru said and laid down. She closed her eyes and felt a hand smooth her hair in a comforting manner.

"Everything's alright.." She heard Genos' voice mumble something else before she fell into deep sleep.
-------------------------

Tohru shifted herself in her futon and slowly opened her eyes, she saw silver eyes looking into her own. There was Gale laying on his side with his palm on the side of his face. She snapped her eyes open in surprise and grabbed her pillow.

"Morning Sleeping Bea-Mmph?!" Gale's voice got cut off by Tohru pushing her pillow into his face.

"Dude, can you not stare at me like that before I wake up?!" She yelled at the red head. He quickly took the pillow from his face and took in some deep breaths.

"Well can you not suffocate me?!" Gale retorted gasping. She ignored him and got up to stretch. She checked the brace and took it off. She moved her wrist around a bit, and surprisingly it moved easily. No bones cracking, no pain, nothing like it wasn't sprained.