Chapter 10- The Meteor Falls

"Hey Master, it seems your rank raised. Your now number 342 that's a step up from 388." Genos said reading the paper.

"What really?! Let me see." Tohru exclaimed and looked at the paper past Genos' shoulder.

"Huh...did you have any news about yourself this last week Genos?" Saitama asked.

"Not yet. It seems my ability lands me at rank 17 so I'm basically the worst rank in S class. But according to a popularity poll from ordinary people I should be placed at rank 6." Genos explained. Saitama spit out his drink and practically murdered his cup.

"Here I'll read it, "A lot is to be expected of the genius 19 year old rookie. He looks hot. He looks pleasant even when refusing media exposure.-"

"So they're basically looking at your looks. That seems shallow, not that I'm saying your not good looking." Tohru commented.

"These are just short impressions about me so I don't know what to think." Genos said.

"I...see." Saitama said.

"Well I think you both deserve high spots. The things I have seen the two of you do are crazy." Tohru said and then nodded to herself.
"What about you?" Saitama asked.

"Well my rank hasn't changed at all. But many people are starting to recognize me. Plus I've been getting praise from a lot of people. Although most of them are horny boys who're after my figure." Tohru said folding her hands behind her head.

"If they get out of hand, I could incinerate them for you." Genos said.
"No don't do that." Tohru said punching his shoulder softly.

"Don't worry Egghead, all in due time." Tohru said patting his shoulder.

This has basically become a cycle in their lives. Genos gets praised, Saitama gets disappointed by his lack of praise, and Tohru's there to cheer the both of them up, mostly Saitama though.

Little did they know, a big threat was looming through the air.
----------------
"Master, I just got a call from the organization. Something came up and I have to be there." Genos said hanging up his phone.

"Oh, ok." Saitama said simply.
"Ehhh?! But what about our gaming date? I was just about to show you how to catch Mewtwo." Tohru exclaimed holding up her DS.

"Sorry Tohru, but this is important. And it wasn't a date." Genos said.
"Fine, I'll be waiting for you here then. Good luck." She saluted and smiled. He gave a minuscule smile of his own before heading off.
....
"So Egghead wanna pl-"
"No." Saitama said not taking his eyes off of his manga.
"Mean."
---------------
Genos made it to the headquarters building and walked through the halls.

"Are you Genos?" An old man's voice said. Genos followed the voice and there was an old man with white spiked up hair and an awesome stache.
"People call me Bang. Nice to meet you." He said.

'So this is the 3rd rank S class Bang. Prime example of influential..' Genos thought.

"So you got the call from the organization I see. Well here's some news, they have all taken shelter and this branch is completely empty. The gathering has been cancelled and nobody except us S class heroes are here."

"Everyone's evacuated? Why? Also why did you call me here and no one else." Genos asked confused.

Bang was silent for a second.
"No one else is here because they're busy with problems far away from here. They didn't bother either because they are heartless."
"The reason I called you here is because we need to deal with an almost impossible challenge. I can't deal with it alone. This situation is much worse than a Dragon level." Bang said.