Chapter 30- Delve into the Past

This chapter is more..different than the others. There might be some words that could be triggers for some people, there's also some pretty intense stuff in here, so just a fair warning for those who want to continue.

Genos and Gale walked into Saitama's apartment and Genos set up a futon for Tohru. He laid her there and she slept in a calm manner, it was scarily similar to a death like appearance. Saitama was still at the tournament, so he wasn't home to witness this. Genos went to the table and finally confronted Gale.

"Tell me everything." He said and sat down.
"I don't know everything about Tohru, the man you would want to ask for that is Captain Rogers." Gale replied.
"Any information would do for me." Genos said simply.

"Ok let's see.." Gale trailed off and put a finger on his chin to think for a few seconds.

"Ok when I first met Tohru, the officers assigned me to the Air unit number 32. That was Tohru's unit. We met when I was 17 and she was 15, and she was actually pretty adorable and smaller. Anyway she taught me everything I needed to know about being a pilot." Gale started; Genos listened intently.
----------------------------
Flashback

"Commander Martin." An officer with black hair in an army cut said. She turned her attention to him and saw another teen with him.

"Yes?" She asked.

"I have a new volunteer here for you." The man explained and gestures to the younger red head Gale next to him. Tohru looked at him with interest and jumped from on top of her jet.

"I wasn't informed of this." She commented and eyed the boy. He stiffened under her gaze. When the officers said she was a 15 year old girl he thought they were tricking him.

"It's a last minute decision from the Major." The officer said. She sighed.

"What's your name?" She asked in a soft voice, it made his cheeks turn pink a bit. He saluted and stood straight.

"My name is Gale Doherty! I'm currently 17 years old and a low rank soldier in the ground unit. I've been transferred here at the request of the Major." He explained in an authoritative voice.

"Will you be able to handle the sky? This unit goes through harsh training." She asked with narrowed eyes.

"I've been training since I was 13 years old. I've been preparing myself for this." He said with a little confidence.
Tohru thought a little and then broke out a grin.

"Well then, you better show me what you've learned." She said and then held out her hand. He shook it and returned that sheepish grin of hers
-------------------------

"Throughout those 4 years we grew into best friends. She always takes her time and protects her unit. Her tactics are beyond those of the high ranking officers. She's been there and tolerated me and my ways. I've had her back many times before too. To be frank she looks out for others more than herself. When we weren't on missions or anything she would show me things not related to fighting. Her eyes always gave a distant look, especially when talking of her parents. She also trails off in thought whenever we would talk about the missions to the officers. Let's just say some of them...were way less then pleasant. Ask her about it if you want to know." Gale said. Genos still listened and went into thought at the same time.

"She never liked many of the high ranks there, and would always go into conflict with them. I don't know what happened, but she would have those attacks like earlier. I would observe the doctors in the mental ward try to help her, but I will admit it was..painful to watch. I can't imagine what it's actually like to experience." Gale said and his voice cracked a bit. Genos stayed silent and involuntarily clenched a fist. Gale cleared his throat.