Visitors

I woke up and looked around. It was a white room. It surely wasn't my room. I bent my arm only to get a lot of pain. I looked at my arm- and IV. But that wasn't the thing I was most worried about. I rubbed my eyes without bending my arm and looked at it again. Most of the skin looked like it was burnt. I thought that was a dream. This can't be happening. Why does every bad thing happen to me? Why can't it happen to Justin Bieber?! I looked at my other arm. A lot of the skin was burnt on that too. I touched my arm and it felt rough. I cried when some of the dead skin fell off. Then a thought occurred to me. What if I was dead? No. If I was dead, I couldn't feel the pain. I looked at my legs. They were better than my arms. Most of the skin WASN'T burnt, but most of it was really dark. I looked at my stomach and the top of my arms that was protected by a shirt. If only I wore jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

My stomach really wasn't bad at all. Or at least, compared to the rest of my body. It was just really red. I looked around. I was in a hospital bed. I looked at the monitors. WHY THE HELL WERE THERE SO MANY!? WHY DO THEY NEED TO KNOW SO MUCH STUFF?! I looked at the nearest one. I had no fucking idea what it meant, but it was beeping steady and showing some kind of steady pattern. I looked at another one. It was the same thing, but in a different color. I wonder if one of these things were the ones for my heart beat or the one that shows if I'm alive or not, like in those movies when the monitor stops the steady pattern and goes in a straight line and everyone starts crying because they died.

A nurse walked in with a clipboard and notice I was awake. "Oh, well I see you're up," he said. Yes there ARE GUY nurses. I nodded. "Do you remember what happened?" I nodded. He started writing on his clip board. "Does anything hurt?" Oh no I'm perfectly fine! It's just that almost every part of my body is burned and singed. No biggy. It's fine. NOT.

I nodded my head. "What hurts?" I gestured to everywhere. "Can you not talk?" I shook my head. He wrote on his clip board. "You're family members and friends have come to visit you, but we only allowed a couple in at a time." I nodded and he left.

Mom, Freese, White, Billie, Mike, Tre walked in. I smiled until someone else walked in-dad. Mom and dad walked over to my bed and sat in the chairs next to it. I smiled at them and mom smiled back. "I'm sorry, Nikki," said dad. I looked at him.

"For what?" I croaked. Mom winced at my voice. She glanced at my arms and held in a tear.

"If you would've- would've-would've not made it, I wouldn't even get to tell you that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not taking you with us to the court. I'm sorry for what I've done to you. I'm sorry for what I did to your mom. I'm sorry for being your dad. I know you don't want me as your father. I'm sorry for cheating on your mom. I'm sorry that I never even told you goodbye."

"It's ok, dad. Did you see what I wrote on the ground in the mall?"

He nodded. "They took us into the mall to show us. It was weird every place in the mall was destroyed except that spot. Every piece of tile and flooring in the mall was destroyed except for where you were laying and where you wrote the note." I knew what happened. God protected me. Thank you, God, for letting me survive this, I owe you big time.

I smiled and turned on my mom. "Hi, mom," I croaked. She knelt down beside my bed.

"HI, sweetie," she said, brushing back a piece of my hair. I glanced at the guys, leaning on the wall behind her. Some (Freese and Mike) were standing there smiling at me and others (White, Billie, and Tre) just stood there awkwardly. Tre picked up something from the doctors tray and Billie slapped his hand- a gesture to put it back. I smile at them.

"Mom, I'm sorry," I continued.

"For what?" She asked.

"For not taking off my headphones, when you told me to," I croaked.