The Sleepover

I asked my mom as soon as I got home and she said yes, but she also said that she doesn't think she's doing this just to be nice. I rolled my eyes when she said that and strutted into my room. I'm from the south and people from the south can be sassy, but in a cute little girl way. I texted Gretchen that she could sleep over Saturday and we texted all about it. We had a lot of stuff planned. We were gonna get a spa, listen to music, nails, and maybe even a ride in our go-cart.

If what my friends, mom, AND the guys said is true, then me and Gretchen will just have a "friendly" game of paintball with no gear. But I doubt that will happen.

The rest of the week went like the first day. Stupid school work that I ACTUALLY finished by the end of the week. My friends kept pestering me about Gretchen just trying to get to Green Day. I admit that the comments were getting to me, but they were soon gone when I reminded myself that she likes the modern crap, not any punk or rock, so why would she want to see them? "Wait, so why can't we sleep over?" Asked Cole, one day at lunch.

"Cole, again, you are a boy!" Said Christian real slow, as if he was talking to someone with a brain the size of a peanut. Cole made a frowny, making everyone laugh, even me.

"So why can't WE sleep over?" Asked Gabby, gesturing to all the girls.

"You never asked," I said.

"Well, can we?" Asked Gloria.

"I'll ask my mom," I said.

"Ok!" Said Vickey, cheerfully.

"So, what are you gonna do if we were right?" Asked Christian.

"Me and Gretchen, well if you can sleep over, then US and Gretchen, will play a "friendly" game of paint ball with no gear," I smirked.

"Nice," said Gavin, high fiving me.

"Oh I can't wait to pound her with paint balls," said Gloria.

"Hey," I said, defensively, "who said that ya'll were right?"

"Well, there's a very big chance and all the evidence points to yes," said Cole, sipping his drink, awkwardly.

"What evidence," I asked.

"Well, she never hung out with you, until this Green Day thing happened." Said Cole.

"And that's the only evidence you have?" I asked.

"Well, uhhh," stuttered Cole.

"Yea that's what I thought." I said, "Ya'll just don't know her like I do. Y'know at least SHE is trying to cheer me up."

"Nikki, SHE didn't sleep at a hospital with you," said Gabby.

"And who said we WEREN'T trying to cheer you up?" Asked Vicky.

"Look, give her a chance, guys," I said, "I KNOW her, ya'll don't. She's a nice person when you get to know her."

"Ok," said Gabby, "then why don't you just go sit down by the girl you KNOW so much."

"Fine," I said, "I will. She a better friend than you anyway." I grabbed my lunch and left. I went to sit by Gretchen to be greeted by her. All her friends snickered, but she whispered something to them and they all nodded and smiled. I couldn't hear what she said, but I heard the words 'sign' and 'everyone'. Was everyone going to get some sign? Maybe it was a sign or something. I don't know.

I sat down and smiled as they talked about random stuff. Some about people and others about where they hung out this weekend. They talked about boys and one of Gretchen's friends, Haley, got me involved. "So I saw you and Joey at the party," she said.