Little Girl, Little Girl Why Are You Crying?

I sat at my table all my friends high-fiving me. "What did I do?" I asked.

"You told off Gretchen!" Said Gloria.

"No one tells Gretchen no," said Gavin.

"Well, Nikki did," said Gabby.

"I just didn't wanna sit there, that's all." I said.

"Awwwww you'd rather sit by us than Gretchen?" Asked Christian.

"Why would she wanna sit by Gretchen?" Asked Vickey.

"Because Gretchen's a-" I cut Gabby off.

"I can answer my own questions thank you very much! I'm not mute."

"Well, fine then," said Gabby.

"First of all because she's Gretchen! And second of all because she was always mean to me before. Why start being nice now?"

"I think it's because of Green Day," said Christian, sipping his drink.

"Why would it be because of them?" Asked Vickey, "She doesn't even listen to them!"

"Yea have you heard all the crap she and her 'posse' listen to?" Asked Gavin then adding in a horrible British accent, "I don't care! I love it! I crashed my car into a bridge I watched I let it burn! I don't care! I love it! I love it!" Everyone laughed.

"Remind me again why we hang out with him?" Asked Gloria, laughing.

"Because I'm awesome," said Gavin, smirking.

"So did you talk to your mom about me sleeping over," Asked Gloria. My mom said she couldn't because of Green Day, but I knew it was because of dad, too. I made a face thinking about him.

"I swear, Nikki has the weirdest thinking face I've ever seen," said Vicky. Everyone laughed even me.

"It's not my thinking face," I said, "I'm just thinking about something weird."

"And that is?" Asked Gabby.

I panicked. What would I say? I couldn't just tell them nothing, then they would get curious, "Mrs, Terch getting married."

"She IS married, Nikki," said Gabby.

"But really," said Gloria, "Did you ask her?"

"I asked her but she said no because of all the stuff going on." Gloria frowned and got back to eating her lunch. We spent the next few minutes showing our thinking faces and the bell rang. We all walked to the hall and Gretchen saw me. I tried to walk faster, without her noticing, but she caught up to me.

"Hey, Nikki," she said.

"Hey," I muttered.

"So did you think about Saturday?" She asked.

"You really want me to come to that party don't you?" I asked. She nodded. I remembered her eyes at lunch. The honesty in them. I think I was starting to actually believe her. I sighed and kept walking.

"So, wait," said Gretchen, "Are you coming?"

"I'll see," I said, walking off before she could say anything. I walked back into the classroom and paid no attention to class. I kept thinking about everything going on in my life. Why had it all started when Green Day came. I mean, I know my dad was cheating on my mom before they came, but why did we have to realize it now? Well everything happens for a reason, right? I was starting to doubt that.