Chapter 10

~Ski's P.O.V.

I fell asleep on Zak's chest. I know it seems wrong for a 16 year-old girl to lay on a stranger's chest, when that person doesn't have a shirt on. But Zak doesn't feel like a stranger to me, not what I been through. He's like a father to me and a father I always wanted.

I wake up and raise off his chest. I sit criss-cross-applesauce between his legs facing the TV. Zak was still sleeping.

Bee comes down the stairs "morning" she said walking in the kitchen "morning" I said.

"You want to go swimming later, Zak's leaving to go somewhere" I get off the couch and walk in the kitchen. "Yea but we have to ask Zak first." She sits down at the table with a bowl of cereal.

I walk back to the couch and sit at the end of the sofa, by Zak's feet. I grab the remote control off the coffee table and change the channel to cartoons.

'Regular Show' was on. When Rigby and Mordecai find jobs.

My phone makes a xylophone sound, it was a text from Desmond.

Dez: y aren't u at skool 2day??

Me: I woke up late that's all

He didn't text back for awhile.

Dez: well when do I get 2 c u again this week

Me: tomorrow at skool....tomorrow is Friday rite?

Dez: yea y??

Me: tomorrow is our ghost adventures night at your house remember??

Dez: oh yea I forgot....sometime this week or nxt week u want 2 go out on a date?

I didn't text back for a little bit. How would I dress, how would I look, it would get quiet on the date, and it would be awkward. So I text back.

Me: yea I would luv 2

Dez: good. I was scared you'll say no cuz it took you awhile to answer back.

Me: I wouldn't say no

Dez: ok well I got to go, class is about to start...1-4-3

Me: 1-4-3 too

I put my phone down and watch TV again. Bee walks in and sits on the love seat. She was on her phone.

~Bee's P.O.V.

Jake texted me,

Jake: r u at scool

Me: no y?

Jake: oh cuz I'm not either

Me: well then...wryd

Jake: going thro a book of memories... U??

Me: watching TV at Zak's house

Jake: y r u over there 4?

Me: we had a problem at our house

Jake: wut was that about?

I didn't want to tell him, but he was my best friend, plus he has a right to know.

Me: Jake I hav 2 tell u something

Jake: wut is it?

Me: the reason y we're at Zak's house is because...umm

Jake: wut tell me, come on its ok. I'm not going to tell nobody

Me: because our family is messed up.... My dad abuses my mom and my brother rapes and beats us.

He didn't text back, I was worried he was going to do something he'll regret. Like go to my house and start something with Daniel.

It's been an hour since he texted back. Until my phone vibrated with Jake's name.

Jake: r u ok now?

Me: yea

Jake: soo..... U still coming to my house tomorrow or r u staying at his house to watch GA

Me: i'll come to ur house to watch it

Jake: ok good cuz I got to tell u something...i'll tell u when u come by

Me: ok but later u want to come by and go swimming. i can ask Zak if u can come by

Jake: that'll be fun yea:)

Me: ok i'll text u when he wakes up and if he says u can. And I'm going to invite Dez too

Jake: ok i'll be waiting

Me: ok ttyl

Jake: ok

I put my phone down on the coffee table. "I'm going to invite Dez and Jake to come swim with us." I said watching TV, "okay but ask Zak first" she said "I was going to do that anyway" I smiled at Ski.

It's a short chapter I know I'm sorry. Vote and Comment. ~Kiandra