Chapter 31

12...left

~ After Volleyball Practice (Before Zak Comes Home and Desmond misses Ski's fight)

~ Desmond's P.O.V.

Michael and I were working on our project at my house for about an hour. Couple of more minutes we'll be done for today, and then finish it tomorrow.

"Let's take a break Mike" I said and put my pencil done. I go downstairs and grab some sodas and chips and went back upstairs.

I toss him his bag of chips and soda and sat down on my beanbag while he sat on my bed.

We were telling each other jokes and laughing. "So how are you and Ski" he said in his Australian accent "We are doing great" I smiled.

"Last night we had sex" I smiled from ear to ear "nice" he responded "it was amazing" I added, I drunk my soda then crushed the can and threw it into my trashcan.

I look up at him and he looks upset about something "What's wrong Mike" I asked concerned.

"It's nothing dude" he said shaking his head. "Come on man I'm your friend" I pick up my beanbag and scoot closer to him "come on tell me dude" I hit his leg making him smile. "I can't tell you, I'm scared to" he shakes his head.

"Okay then when you feel like your not scared, you can tell me" I said trying to help him out. "Let's just get some of this done now" he went to my desk and continued working on our biology project.

I stay seated on my beanbag and continued eating my bag of chips. I look over at Michael and his head was hung over and tears were dripping onto his arm.

"Dude seriously what is wrong? You're over here crying your eyes out" I get up off the beanbag and walk over to my desk where he sat in my desk chair.

"I really don't want to talk about it dude... You know what, I'm just going to go home" he grabs his backpack and starts putting his work inside.

"Wait don't leave. I just want to know what's wrong, you're crying all over my desk and you aren't yourself today. You've been acting weird ever since lunch" I place my hand on his shoulder so he'll stop packing his stuff.

He drops his bag on the floor and sits on my bed and hides his face in his hands. He starts to mumble something into his hands quietly. "What" I said and sat down next to him not taking my hand off his shoulder.

He lifts his head. And stares into my eyes, they were such a pretty blue color.

"I'm gay for you" he whispers, what?! Gay for me? He can't be, not for me.

"Wow...gay for me, or just in general and you like me?" I asked, he looks down and wipes a tear from his eye.

"I'm gay in general and I like you...a lot" he said and grabs his backpack. I rub the back of my neck and stood up "I don't want this to change our relationship as friends" he said.

"It might change just a bit because of this new information you laid on me" I said pacing back and forth in my room. "Our relationship isn't the same like a couple of minutes ago, I think of in a new perspective now. Like I can't talk to you about girls and stuff" I sit down on my beanbag.

"And I can't believe you like me, it couldn't be someone else" I said and looked at Mike. "I don't mean to be rude about it though" I added quickly "It could have been someone else but I guess you're very very attractive" he blushes.

"Have ever kissed a boy before" I asked "Yes I kissed a boy before, just to see how it felt to kiss a boy. And I was gay when I did that. I didn't turn gay by kissing him either, so don't think that" he nods his head.