Chapter 22

~Diana's P.O.V.

Once the show was over Zak and I just talked.

"So, Diana why did you really come to my house instead of being forced here by Ski" Zak says turning towards me. We were sitting on the couch. "I came because I wanted to get out of the house I'm trapped there" I look away from him and look at my hands "funny" he said.

I look at him so confused. "What's so funny about that, that's not funny being trapped in your own house with an abusive son of a bitch who cheats in front your fucking eyes! It's not funny to be raped almost every night against your will! It's not funny to have your own kids watch you get beat the living shit out of you and you can't tell them to help! And it's surely not funny to have an abusive boyfriend that fucking has anger management! Now you tell me if that's funny" I didn't notice I was yelling and crying.

He scoots closer to me "I didn't mean to make you cry or angry. What I meant was it's funny how you think you're trapped when you're really not" he wipes my tears "you can leave that horrible place and live somewhere else. You have a good job you an move into a new house, once you're settled you can report Sam to the police and get custody of the girls" he holds my hand.

"Oh okay I could but I'll need help to find a house far far away from him and I'll need to be transferred to a different animal shelter and everything" I sniffle and wipe my tears then smile at him "thank you" I squeeze his hand. I give him an unexpected hug saying thank you again.

He phone goes off on the coffee table. He breaks from the hug and grabs his phone off the table, he types something on his phone for a few seconds. "That was Bee, she's on her way here" he places his phone down on the table. We continued to talk about random things "you want an ice cream sandwich" he stands up "yeah that would be nice" I smile at him. He walks to the kitchen, he comes back with two ice cream sandwiches in his hand. "Thanks" I rip the rapper off of the ice cream and take a bite out of the bar.

"I love ice cream sandwiches" Zak said taking a bite out of his I nod my head in agreement.

Once I finish the ice cream I stand up to throw it away when I felt Zak's hand around my wrist, I look down at him "I'll throw it away" he stands up and takes my trash out of my hand and walks passed me I to the kitchen. I sit back down on the couch.

~Zak's P.O.V.

I throw away her trash in the trash can. Diana is a sweet woman.

I hear a knock at the door, I open the door and appears Bee. "Where's mom" I point to where she was, Bee speed walks into the living room. I shut the door and join them in the living room when I walked in they were talking and hugging each other.

~Ski Comes Back~

I saw Ski and Bee whispering in each other's ears "what are you girls whispering about?" I look at both of them, "nothing we're whispering about nothing" Ski gives a nervous chuckle "okay sure" I said sarcastically.

"Well I'm going to bed" Bee said standing up working to the stairs "okay I'm coming I want to talk to you" Diana stands up following Bee upstairs.

"Ski what did you and Desmond do tonight" i look at her suspiciously "nothing" she shakes her her "bull I know you guys did something, I was a horny teenager once" I stare at her for waiting for her to tell me "okay okay I'll tell, just stop staring at me like that" I nod my head "all we did was kiss, and that's it nothing else" she shakes her head "and you're telling the truth?" I asked, she nods her head.

"Ski come upstairs I need to talk to you" I look up to see Diana at the top of the stairs looking down at us.

She stood up and went upstairs to her mother.