Chapter 42

1...left

Toby picked me up just a minute ago. For our date.

Toby was taking me to the park for a nighttime picnic on the back of his truck.

"So what did you bring for the picnic" I asked as he pulled up to the park where no one was around. "I brought a blanket, a basket full of sandwiches, apple juice, and chips" we get out of the car and walk to the back of the truck.

He pulls down the back and helps me climb up on it.

He lays down the blanket on his truck and starts pulling out sandwiches and juice.

"I didn't know what kind of sandwich you liked so I brought two different ones; baloney or turkey" he holds up two sandwiches. "Baloney is good" I take the baloney out of his hand.

I sit down next to him on the blanket. He grabs a turkey sandwich and hands me a juice.

The sun was down and the moon was out, it was kind of warm out. "This sandwich is so good" I said covering my mouth so he doesn't see my mouth is full.

"Thank you. It's just mayo, mustard, balony, and cheese" he smiles and bites into his sandwich.

Finished my sandwich and ate some chips then laid down on the blanket. Soon after Toby laid down also "the moon is so pretty" I place my hands on the back of my head.

"How can a moon look pretty" he puts his on hands on his chest lazily. "I don't know, it just is" I look over at him and he was looking at the night sky.

"I got you a present" he said through the silence. He raises up and sticks his hand in the basket, he pulls out a little black box.

I raise up and face him "Toby" I said surprised "it's just a little something" he hands me the box.

I open it slowly there was a necklace and a note folded up. I set down the box with the necklace and to unfold the note.

Ski, you are so beautiful, smart, and funny. I'm so happy you said yes to going out with me and being my friend. And putting up with my crazy funny self. You don't know how happy I was when you said yes. Now I ask you another question and I hope your answer makes me even happier; would you be my girlfriend?

I look up at him and he was smiling. And I smile from ear to ear "Yes Toby I'll be your girlfriend" I kiss him and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his face in my neck. "I've been waiting for you to ask" I whispered.

He kisses my cheek and let's me go. I grab the box with the necklace and take it out.

"Will you put the necklace on me" I hand him the necklace and turn around. I move my hair to show my neck.

He wraps the necklace around my neck. He clips it on, his hands touch my neck then I feel his lips on me. His facial hair prick my neck.

He kisses my neck in multiple places, he places his hands on my hips and pulls me between his legs making my back touch his chest. I tilt my head to the side so he'll have more access to my neck.

I take his hands and enlace them in mine and pull them to the front of me. He continues to kiss my neck and ears. I bite my lower lip, and did a little moan.

I turn around. I stare in his blue eyes I lean in slowly and kiss him. He places his hands on each side of my face to deepens the kiss.

He pulls away and leans back, him being my back support. I lean my head back on his chest.

He wraps his arm around me, it was quiet for a minute.

"How did your mom and Zak meet" he said rubbing my arm "I set them up on a date" I said playing with his fingers. He hums then asks me another question "how did you and Desmond meet" he asked.