Chapter 40

3...left

I wake up to my phone's ringtone. I throw my arm onto my dresser and feeling for it's rectangular figure.

It was Toby calling me, I slide to answer it "Hello" I answered in my tired voice "I'm sorry did I wake you" he said. "Yes" I rub my eyes I lay my head back down on my pillow and let my phone rest on my ear so I don't have to hold it.

"Why are you still sleeping it's almost ten o'clock in the morning" I can tell he was smiling "Because it's the summer and I can sleep late if I wanted too" I said closing my eyes.

"Why did you call for Tobias" I yawn "I wanted to know if you, Bee, and Jake wanted to go to the mall later. Let's say one o'clock" he said in his thinking voice.

"Yeah that sound's fine" I raise up off the bed, I tap Bee to wake her up. She turns to look at me "What" she said irritated, I cover the mouth piece on the phone "Toby wants to take you, Jake, and I to the mall" I said whispering "Yeah okay" she gets up off the bed. She gets dress "I'll call Jake" she said and leaves the room.

"Hey Ski, do you want to go on another date" he asked, I smile "I would love that. Our date yesterday was nice" I said.

He chuckles on the other side of the phone "Yeah it was, you don't know how long I've always wanted to kiss you" he said. I could feel my cheeks go warm "I remember at the beginning of the sophomore year, you had this ugly shirt on. With a cat and poka dotted designs on it" he continued.

"Hey, I remember that shirt I still have it. I felt like I was rocking that shirt" I laughed, I lay back on my bed "You think you were rocking it but in reality you weren't" he laughed then continued talking.

"You sat down next to me in Geometry class, and turned to me and said "Hello I'm Ski" I said "Hello I'm Toby" you smiled and turned back in your seat. Later on during the class period you asked for a pencil, when you should have had one since it was the beginning of the year. But I gave you one anyway. Next day you didn't say anything to me and the rest of the year" he said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry I didn't remember that, but now I remember. You made me sound like I was a little jerk to you" I said smiling "You weren't a jerk" I heard rustling in the back ground.

"I need to tell you something" he said, "Okay" I put the phone on speaker and pick out my clothes.

"Remember your party" he asked "yeah" I open my dresser drawer "you looked sexy in your bikini" I froze and looked at my phone.

I smile and jump up and down "You think so" I said trying to sound cool and not scream in happiness "I didn't think you were sexy, I knew you're sexy" he said in an obvious tone.

I felt giddy inside "Well can I tell you something" I grab my phone and take it off speaker "yeah" I can tell he was smiling.

"You looked hot in your swimming trunks." I bite my lower lip "I know I looked hot in my trunks" I know he's smirking at this point.

"And did you hang your shorts low on purpose" I said "Maybe, why did you like what you saw" he said. "Of course I did" I laughed.

We talked a little longer until I told him I needed to brush my teeth and eat something.

I leave my room and walk into the kitchen. I make myself a bowl of cereal and sat at the kitchen table.

Bee was on the phone with Jake in the living room and Mom was in her room.

***

My phone vibrates in my front pocket.

Tobias 😍🙈👅: I'm outside