Chapter 20

~Zak's P.O.V.

Diana finally got out of the bathroom and came into the kitchen after 5 minutes in there. "I hope you like this pasta salad I made I got it off the internet" I said placing some food in her plate first.

"I know I will I love pasta salad it's my favorite" she smiled. "But it depends what you put in it" she added. "I don't know, but tell me what you think of it." I grab my ate and her plate and walk towards the kitchen table.

When I place it down in front of her she said 'thank you' and sit across from her. I wait, I stare at her take her first bite. She closes her eyes and 'Mmhs'. I smile. "It's good?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh yes this is amazing" she continues eating as do I.

••••••••

"I could have had dessert if Ski would have told me I was making dinner for you" I said placing the dishes in the sink and rinsing them off. "She told me when she came home after school today that I was coming here" she yells from the living room. I walk in the living room seeing her sitting down on the couch.

"She said we were going to watch TV" she looks up at me "yes we are" I sit next to her but with distance because I know she's a little on edge.

"What are we going to watch, a corny romantic movie?" she said with a little bit of humor. I chuckle at her comment "noo we're going to watch my show Ghost Adventures" I grab my remote control "you have a show!" she nearly yells "yea I didn't get this house working as a car salesman" I laugh, she laughs as well.

~15 minutes into the show~

"So do you work?" I asked not even paying attention to the TV "I work at an animal shelter, and I'm a Veterinarian" she nods her head "cool...I love animals." I smile at her and she smiles back.

"How long have you had your show?" She questioned me "I've had it for a long time maybe about 11 years or more...honestly I really can't come up with the number right now. What about you how long have you worked the shelter" I put my arm on the back of the couch.

"I worked there about 5 years this year is going to be my 6th year" she nods at her answer.

It was silent for about two minutes, until I broke the awkward silence "soo, how long have you been with your boyfriend, the twin's father" I prop my left leg over my right and listen to her answer. She said she's been within since she was high school.

Her whole posture changed to slight comfortable to on edge. I say "I'm sorry I asked" and she said "it's okay." I try changing the subject to something else "Ski and Bee are really good girls" a smile appears on her lips "yea they are...they are the most wonderful daughters a mother could ever ask for" her smile gets bigger "I just met them and they are great girls, they're very smart, beautiful girls who have a little big of an attitude" I did a hand gesture of a little bit "yea they do I think they get it from their father" she looks away.

We watch the TV. There was an awkward silence in the air. "So how has your day been going anything interesting happen" I said starting conversation "yea, well my daughter set me on a date I had no idea of" she shakes her head smiling "what about you" she adds "mine was kind of boring nothing really interesting happened though."

"Tell me about yourself" I said turning towards her and putting my feet on my couch Indian style "well let's see, my favorite color is pink, my favorite food is pizza, I don't go out, or party. I can't dance, draw, or sing but I can cook a hell of a meal. I have three kids. I'm shy, I talk to women, I don't talk to men." She fiddles with her hands and twisted the hem of her shirt.

"You don't talk to men?" I pulled my eyebrows together confused, she looks in the kitchen "no" I say "well you're talking to me" she back at me and said "well that's because my daughters know you and my boyfriend isn't going to find out." she gives a fake chuckle "I don't think that's funny to be honest" she stops chuckling "I'm for real, you should talk to men not just women...what would he do if he found out you were talking to me or some other man?"

"He would hurt me then make my kids watch me get hurt" a tear appears onto her face. I cautiously scoot closer to her "well why don't you kick his fucking ass, he shouldn't place a finger on a beautiful woman like you" I slowly place my hand on hers. She moves her hand away. I take my hand back and place it on my lap. She's obviously not ready to be touched by me. "That would only make him madder" she said letting more tears fall onto her face. "Have you tried" I asked "yes an when I did he put me in a hospital."

I can't believe he hurts a beautiful woman like her. She lightly crys.

I place my hand on hers again, this time she didn't move hers but did tense up then relaxed. "Can I have a hug please" I was not expecting that to come out her mouth, I nod my head. She leans towards me just like I did. She wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap y arms around her torso and waist. Her body was so little against mine, I can literally wrap my arms all around.

She sniffles a couple of times while I rubbed her back comforting her. She pulls away. "I'm going to go use your bathroom" she wipes under eyes "you can use the upstairs bathroom, instead I the one around the corner...it's up on the right" I point upstairs.

"Thanks" she gets up and walks up the stairs.

~Diana's P.O.V.

I can't believe I cried in front of a person who I don't even know, man at that. He is such a good listener.

Being with another man like Zak, feels good he isn't judging me or putting me down. He talking to me and is giving advice that I should take. But if I try to defend myself against Sam, I could get seriously hurt. Sam isn't a skinny person he is big compared to me.

Zak is such a sweet man who is caring person.

I take a wash cloth and wipe the wasting mascara under my eyes and turn to open the door when I see a girl's underwear and Ski's toothbrush and Bee's toothbrush. What's that doing here? Have they been lying to me staying at theirs friend "Tricia's" house? I turn off the light and open the door.

I make my way downstairs back to Zak.

"Has Ski and Bee been staying here?" I sit at the end of the couch away from Zak "Yes" I look at him and he looks at me "what have you been doing to them" I glare at him.

He looks at me confused "nothing. I have not touched them like that and I'll never do that, that's sick" he shakes his he'd at the thought. "Why would you ask such a thing that's disgusting!" he adds.

"Because I seen a pair of underwear on the floor in the bathroom and the his toothbrushes.

"No they been staying here since Wednesday" he gives me a little smile.

"I'm sorry" I said looking at my hands. He scoots closer to me, my heart starts racing and my mind is going crazy with thoughts.

"I don't know why your boyfriend hurts you like that you're so beautiful and smart" he leans closer and closer towards me.

Our lips almost touch, my breath hitches and my mind is going crazy with thoughts to kiss him or not. I feel his hot breath on my lips. His lips almost touch mine but I turn my head so he kissed my cheek, which still excited me. I turn my head to look at him. He looks me in the eyes, I slowly kiss his cheek.

He gives me a smile and looks at the TV which Ghost Adventures went to commercial. I want him to kiss me again.