eleven

Zayn beams, and holds Harry close to him. Zayn knows he should ignore it, but he wants to listen to the tiny voice in the back of his head telling him that this feels right.

Harry locks his hands together behind Zayn's back, and relaxes as Zayn rubs his shoulder blade gently. "You're a very good hugger, Harry. Although I love hugs, technically, I'm not supposed to touch you."

Harry pulls away reluctantly, and tries not to frown. "Yeah, I understand."

Zayn grins, and pulls Harry back close to him. "Ah, it doesn't hurt to break the rules once in a while, eh? A good hug never hurt anyone."

Harry nestles perfectly into the crook of Zayn's neck, and feels his eyes flutter closed. This is the most relaxed he's felt in a long time. Maybe even ever.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. Zayn's alarm goes off, signifying the end of the session, and Harry wants to curse that damn phone. "Um, Zayn?"

"Yes, Harry?" They are still inches from each other, and Zayn lifts Harry's chin gently. "What is it, love?"

"Do you think we could meet more than once a week?" Harry knows it probably won't work out, but it's worth a try, right?

Zayn grabs his mobile, and opens the calendar app. "Of course. How often were you thinking?"

"I mean, I'm pretty flexible, but I was sort of thinking, like, maybe we could-"

"Hey. Harry, it's just me. Don't worry so much. Just say what you want to say. I hope you know by now that is never judge you. So, just say what you were going to say." Zayn smiles reassuringly, and rubs Harry's back gently.

"Does every day work for you?"

Zayn's eyes widen, but he doesn't look unhappy about it. "Um, yeah. I'll see if I can make that work. Let me just check."

After a second of Zayn texting clients and moving their appointments around, he smiles. "What a coincidence! Looks like I've got this time every day free! Is one hour okay, or do you want to do more or less, or-"

"One hour is fine. Unless you'd like to do more. But yeah, an hour is fine. Can we meet at the bookstore just down the street instead of here next week? I want to show you something."

Zayn quirks an eyebrow up, and smiles. "Sure. What would you like to show me, Harry?"

"You'll see!" Harry doesn't entirely know why, but with a quick kiss on Zayn's cheek, he's dashing away to his car.

Zayn smiles fondly, and touches the cheek where Harry's lips just were. That felt... nice. Like, really nice.

Oh fuck, Zayn thinks. This can't be good.