forty-four

coolie woolie songity songs: (omg I need to stop)

there's lots of troye sivan bc blue neighbourhood (his newest album) is perfection

> lost boy by troye sivan
> stars by alessia cara
> migraine by twenty one pilots (holy shit great song)
> ain't gonna drown by elle king
> black sheep by gin wigmore
> sweet baby james by james taylor
> send my love by adele
> the quiet by troye sivan
> under pressure by david bowie
> doubt by twenty one pilots
> if you want to sing out, sing out by cat stevens
> love by daughter
> wicked games by the weeknd
> space oddity by david bowie
> wild world by cat stevens
> talk me down by troye sivan
> river of tears by alessia cara
> who you are by ed sheeran
> nothing like us by justin bieber

this chapter is where the drama begins the slow release

so, please, stay safe and healthy and hydrated and don't read if you are feeling less than peachy bc this one is the start of a tear-jerking revolution

thanks for lookin' out

hope you enjoy, you beautiful babes xo

-

"So, Harry, what makes you want to work here at The Book Nook? You're certainly an interesting candidate. I think we would be happy to have you on our team." Jan, the warm manager, smiles friendlily, and pushes Harry's application form across the table back to him.

Harry smiles, and crosses his leg over the other. "Well, I have experience as a barista, and I'm quite a loyal customer here. I know this store inside and out, and I've always wanted to work in a café. It would sort of be a dream come true to work here."

Jan laughs a little, and nods. "I've never heard someone say that about working here. But, I must say, this job is looking really good for you, Harry. I'll talk to the team, and I'll get back to you by the end of the week. See you soon, Harry."

Harry beams, and shakes Jan's hand firmly before letting himself out of the office. He smiles to himself, and stops to get a big cup of tea before catching a taxi home.

The car ride is quiet, except for the soft sound of the driver's Elton John CD. Harry hums along, and can't help but feel a little frustrated that he's not getting to Zayn faster. He really is in love.

When he gets up the stairs to his floor, he notices a bouquet of pink peonies left outside his door, and immediately assumes they're from Zayn. "Oh my god, baby Zaynie. So sweet."

He unlocks the door, and calls, "Zayn, you home yet?"

Upon hearing no answer, he locks the door behind him, and kicks off his boots. He hums a Troye Sivan song softly, and begins wiping crumbs from the kitchen counter with a damp sponge. Harry has always sort of liked cleaning. It soothes him. And besides, he feels at ease when he knows everything has been sanitised.

He places the peonies in a big jar of water, and sets it next to the fruit bowl on the counter. He cocks his head to the side as he sees that the liquor cabinet has been left open, but he doesn't think anything of it. Harry feels like everything is falling into place. He has never been so happy, and now he might get a job!

He hums a little louder, and sways his hips slightly. He smiles to himself, and opens the fridge to toss out some week-old takeaway. Just as he gets on a cleaning roll, he realises he has to go to the bathroom, and finds the door to the toilet is closed.

When he tries to open it, it's locked. He knocks hastily, and calls, "Zayn, my love, are you in there? Zaynie?"

He hears a groan, and knocks more urgently. "Zayn, are you alright? Please open the door."

Harry feels his breath catch in his throat, and just as his mind goes to the worst of possibilities and he prepares to scream and barge in, the lock clicks. He leans his forehead against the door, and when he speaks, his voice comes out hoarse and soft. "Zayn, are you okay, baby? Can I come in?"

After a second of silence, Harry pushes the door open gently, and feels his heart stop when he sees Zayn sitting in the bathtub, crying. Harry rushes to his side, and pulls the nearly empty bottle of liquor from Zayn's hand, and wipes his cheek gently. "My love, what's wrong?"

Zayn chokes out a sob, and squeezes Harry's hand tightly. "H-Harry. Harry, it's Waliyha."

Harry furrows his brows, and brushes a loose strand of hair from Zayn's face. "Your sister? What-what happened? Is she alright?"

Zayn lets out a wail, and squeezes Harry's hand even tighter than he thought possible. Zayn's breathing picks up quickly, and he digs his nails into Harry's shoulder. "Oh my god. She-she- I can't do this. What the fuck is happening?!" Zayn is somehow both crushingly sad and blood-boilingly angry, and it shows in his gravelly shout.

Harry sits back on his heels, and lets go of Zayn's hand. He covers his mouth with his hand, and looks down at a small rip in the cuff of Zayn's jeans. "Zayn, is she okay?"

"No! She fucking killed herse-lf!" His voice breaks towards the end of his sentence, and his breathing becomes almost dangerously slow. His voice becomes quiet and shaky, and he looks sort of numb. "She killed herself, Harry. My baby sister is... dead."