fifty-five

hi, you perfect lil peas

I'm going to just say something quickly, and then you can get on to the chapter -

I made a tumblr a while back and I was thinking maybe you could follow it, if you'd like. my handle is: cutie-frootie

it's all about body positivity and good vibes and happiness and pretty lingerie and plants so yah

probably no one will actually follow me, but if you decide to, and send me a message or ask saying you came from wattpad, I'll bless you with all the love I possess in my heart

xx J

-

Zayn reaches toward a bottle of Merlot, and Harry swats his hand away. "You said you wouldn't. Okay? Just until you feel a little more... solid."

Zayn nods, but disappointment flashes across his eyes. "Alright."

Zayn wraps an arm around Harry's waist, and kisses his shoulder gently. "Thank you for coming here, with me. It means so much to me. I love you, so much."

Harry smiles, and pecks Zayn's chapped lips. "I love you too, Zaynie. Now, introduce me to more of your family. They're all lovely so far."

Zayn nods, and leads Harry out of the kitchen to a couple of people. "Hi, everyone. This is my boyfriend, Harry. Harry, this is my uncle Howard, and my cousin Aria. Guys, this is my lovely Harry."

Howard smiles widely, and shakes both of Harry's hands. "Hi, Harry. Great to meet you, love."

Aria kisses both of Harry's cheeks, and nods. "Yes, good to meet you. Zayn won't stop talking about how much he loves you."

Harry blushes, and strokes the back of Zayn's hand; the hand that's still resting on Harry's sharp hip. "I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Waliyha sounded like a lovely girl."

Aria and Howard both nod. "She was. So bright, and seemingly full of hope. She glimmered with positivity. Or so it appeared."

Zayn looks down at his fancy shoes, and nods solemnly. "Excuse me for a moment. I'll be right back."

Concern flashes across Harry's face, but he senses that Zayn could use some space right now. Harry watches as Zayn trundles up the stairs, and it dawns on him that he might be going to Waliyha's room, to investigate or something. Maybe Harry should check and see if he's okay.

No, Harry decides to give him a minute. "So, Harry. How did you and Zayn meet? You're quite the couple."

Harry wracks his brain for an answer, practically anything besides "he used to be my therapist". "Um, we met at a little café near Zayn's office. I was, uh, working in the bookstore part. It was really very sweet."

Aria coos, and pats Harry's shoulder gently. "Aw, so sweet. You two are perfect for each other, as far as I can see. Thank you, for being here for Zayn. It means a lot to all of us. Keep this between us, but I'm getting the feeling you're the only thing keeping him afloat."

Harry smiles kindly at her, and nods. "Well, I can assure you, he's been doing the same for me. He keeps me sane. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to check on Zayn. Make sure he's doing alright. I'll talk to you later."

Harry jogs up the stairs and knocks gently on what he's almost positive is Waliyha's door. "Zaynie, you in there?"

He hears a thump, and pushes the door open. Zayn is crying, and digging desperately underneath Waliyha's bed. "Where is it?!"

Harry rushes to his side, and grabs his hands to still them. "Zaynie, Zaynie, what are you doing? What are you looking for?"

Zayn looks up into Harry's wide eyes, and Harry realises that the grief might really be hitting him hard right now. Zayn wipes his cheeks carelessly with his sleeve, and pulls a rather crumpled piece of light yellow paper from his pocket. "Waliyha left me this note. On her desk. Here, read it."

Dearest Zayn,
I'm so so sorry. I know you must think I'm truly evil or something, for leaving you so soon. But just know, this needed to be on my terms, and the time was right. I love you so so so so much, and a day won't go by that I don't think of your sweet smile. I'll miss you so much. Please, don't forget me. Again, I love you so much.

P.S. I've left you something. Consider this a treasure hunt.

P.S.S. you were always my favourite sibling.

Waliyha xo