-ACCEPTANCE-

I'd started feeling suffocated suddenly; as things seemed to fall into place like the pieces of a puzzle. I couldn't believe my ears; because of which; the moment I stepped into the comfort and privacy of my hotel room; I googled for the Mukherjees and Gangulys and my eyes bulged out of their sockets.

Mrs. Mukherjee and Mrs. Ganguly were real sisters; who happened to get married to men who made it big with their start-ups. Both companies; SENSES and Pinnacle Industries were partnerships of the couples and were constantly on and off the newspaper. While Mr. Ganguly looked level headed and down to earth, Mr. Mukherjee looked like a conniving and wholly materialistic businessman.

I knew it wasn't possible to know so much about a man just by a couple of candid shots from business conferences; and probably my judgement had been impaired due to knowing how he'd treated my friend; and yet one look at his face; and I knew I didn't like that man. Quite possibly why I didn't like his daughter either.

Adrija even had a Wikipedia page for herself! Granted, it had very limited information; stuff about her birthplace and age (it said she was twenty one so they probably never updated the details), but she still had a Wikipedia page; and that's huge!

My eyes desperately skimmed through the 'personal' header which talked of her educational qualifications but there was nothing about her relationship status. Considering the time this page was made; she was with Mihir that time; and at least one reporter must've caught that; was what I felt.

But I was proved wrong. There was no information.

When I exited Wikipedia to skim through general articles regarding anything to do with Mihir; I saw;

This young, career oriented beauty chooses to keep her relationship status under wraps.

Yeah right!

Apart from this one line; there was no insight on what happened.

Anger surged through me; there was no reference of Mihir. It was as if he never existed in her life!

How could she? And she says she loves him!

**************************

We got the Kapoor Contract and saved SENSES from a humiliating defeat from Home N Hearth. The bratty star-kid Sanjana Kapoor absolutely adored her customized bookshelf and clapped her hands with glee. The way her parents looked at her when she did; proved that that was a rare happening.

That day Mr. Ahuja and I realized we made a great team.

When one of us stuttered; the other took over. And having combined efforts for the designs only helped matters.

Mr. Ahuja always waited for my own opinions and always let me contribute.
I tried to really hard to control myself, but would end up gazing at him surreptitiously when he wasn't looking.

Wrong decision.
He almost always caught me ans gave me such a steady look I didn't know how to react.

Long story short, my crush was becoming way more serious than I had ever intended it to be.

And so; with the Kapoor Contract and acceptance about my feelings for Sir; I returned home from Goa.

**********************

Mumbai had finally developed a slight chill in the air; a cardigan was needed at all times; at least for me. I took determined strides; pulling the hoodie of my sweatshirt on my head; ignoring the fact that I was ruining my hair. As I half walked; half jogged; and felt myself panting; I realized much to dismay; how unfit I'd become.