-THE DANCE-

Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend had definitely never had chocolates. So I rephrase and re-quote; Chocolates are a girl's best friend.

It was past two at night; and Disha and I lay on the bed; feasting on a bar of chocolate each. And let me tell you it had miraculous powers to lift one's mood. All my worries and awkwardness felt trivial suddenly. Of course; I couldn't totally do away with them; but I could shift them to the back of my head.

I wasn't completely comfortable with Disha around; but I felt remarkably light headed.

In fact; I seemed to like how we both lay on the bed un-movingly; just staring at the ceiling.

"I love Arjun's cooking." Disha stated suddenly.

I licked the side of my finger; as I sighed; "I know."

"I don't have a choice Aditi. I have to relocate and I have to take up this new assignment. If I don't; someone else will get it. My position in the company has been stagnating for a while now. If I don't perform; it's only a matter of time before I'm asked to leave."

I turned towards the side table as I retrieved two tissue papers from a box. Holding one out for her and using another for myself I started; "Does Arjun know all these details?"

"Thanks." She huffed; taking the tissue and then pausing. I could sense the hesitation in her.

"I've been quite busy lately. We've not had the time to discuss everything in detail."

"Have you agreed already? To relocating?" I asked.

"I didn't have a lot of time in hand-" So she's already said yes; without Arjun's consent.

"-and that's when Arjun flipped?" I cut knowingly.

"Yes." She sighed. "He's not been ready to listen to a single thing I want to say since."

I now rolled the tissue into a bowl absently wondering what a lack of communication with Dev would mean.

It surprised me how I couldn't imagine not telling him something; anything; no matter how trivial the news may be.

"I love how his restaurant's pacing up. I wouldn't have paid the startup expenses for him; or boast about his cooking skills in the office whenever I could otherwise. How could he possibly think what he does doesn't matter to me?"

That moment I realized; misunderstanding and lack of communication were the two major causes of any rough patches in a relationship. Any relationship.

I had not heard the entire story from Disha and had judged that she didn't care initially. I had always believed in my assumptions and my theories. I thought I knew Disha; which I did. But I also knew how much they both loved each other.

How could I forget that when I concluded Arjun's career didn't matter to her?

I wasn't thinking; when I leaned in and wrapped Disha into a warm embrace.

"I've missed you so much Disha."

She seemed surprised; but then I felt her arms wrapping around me too as she breathed;

"I've missed you too."

"Disha..."I started softly. It took all my strength to push aside my ego; to push aside all my earlier grudges and anger and pent up frustrations and look into her eyes as I whispered; "There's someone I want you guys to meet."

"Oh. Sure; why not?"

It felt like someone had removed a huge burden off my shoulders as I realized that instant; I had forgiven her in its true sense. Because for the first time in the weeks that she'd come back; I actually wanted her to meet Dev.