My New Sister

Phil’s P.O.V

Darcy Thompson. The name I had been wanting to know for so long. Darcy Thompson. With her pale blue eyes and curly brown hair. I cared for her, as soon as I found her on the street I instantly felt like she was my responsibility, like I was her parent. And so, for a whole week I read her stories and talked to her as if she were awake and responsive. I KNEW she was listening, sometimes her eye lids would twitch and I knew she was trying to open her eyes and each time I would enter the room, the doctor said her brain activity increased. Finally I could communicate with Darcy Thompson, the girl with the blue eyes.

After Darcy had smiled back at me I felt tears forming in my eyes. My new sister, the girl who had been kidnapped for FOUR years smiled, because of me? She shut her eyes soon after and I got close to whisper in her ear.
“You should rest some more, everything will be fine and I’ll be right here when you wake up” I watched her relax her facials and after just minutes, she was peacefully asleep.
I smiled and kissed her forehead like I would every night and sat back in my chair. I waited another few minutes then got my phone out, another text from Dan.
‘wen u cumin home?’ I sighed, noticing the message was sent over an hour ago, and texted back.
‘half an hour’ I waited but there was no reply. Dan had been texting me each day to come home earlier but I wanted to be there when Darcy woke up, so I would travel home late at night and drive back early each morning. I slotted my phone in my jeans pocket and picked my book up from the floor after I had thrown across the room earlier that day. I placed it in my bag and swung it over my shoulder as I took one last glance at Darcy.  That girl deserved so much after everything she had been through, and I was determined to help her as much as I could.

When I had arrived home, I threw my bag on the couch and turned in a half circle only to scream at Dan’s sudden appearance behind me.
“Bloody hell Dan…” He glared at me.
“You said you weren’t going to stay as late tonight, its twelve at night”
“I’m sorry, but she woke up today so I decided to stay with her and I found out her name and Dan, she was kidnapped for FOUR years!” Dan didn’t look very interested.
“Phil, I don’t see why you need to go back any more, you know she is awake so maybe you should stay home from now on? Her family won’t want some random guy staying with her” He suggested, but I shook my head in disagreement.
“She is practically my sister now Dan, I feel as though I have to take care of her and give her a good life after what a terrible one she has had so far. She doesn’t have any family, her parents died nearly ten years ago and she is an only child. The policeman said no contacts in England or the UK have been found, she only has a few relatives in foreign countries”
Dan rolled his eyes and went back to his room with a sigh. He had been like this all week, I think he just wanted me to cook for him, the boy loves his food. I wish he was as passionate and interested in Darcy as I was, she was practically my sister. I chuckled and went to my bedroom, turning my head slowly, I looked at my reflection in my small wall mirror. My eyes had dark patches under them and at the exact moment my stomach rumbled. Food, I hadn’t eaten since this morning. 
After a microwaved bowl of pasta, I decided to get some rest. I would be up early to get to the hospital and hopefully talk to Darcy some more.  

“Night!” I yelled to Dan through my wall, though he would be up for another few hours.
“Good night! ” He yelled back, though far less enthusiastic as usual.