Everything Was Perfect

Darcy’s P.O.V

There are no words to express how relieved I was, shocked, and joyful that Dan was no longer another dark issue in my life. His embrace sent sparks of heat through my veins, my stomach churning from the intimacy and relief. Forgiving him came easy as he was most certainly sincere and I wanted to be able to spend time with him. Holding grudges and reminding myself of his past doings would only keep the barrier between us standing. I still however struggled to even accept that his apology was reality and not just a strange dream.

“Dan?” I asked, still in his embrace. He nodded, eyes slightly red and puffy from crying so intensely only moments before.

“What made you so suddenly change your mind about me, why now?” Dan’s stare on me was lowered so he was facing the floor and I watched his shoulders dip as a sigh escaped his lips.

“I had a nightmare… and then everything just sort of hit me at once. All I want is to be your friend and keep you safe and happy. I guess I just realised what I really wanted” My cheeks heated up as he spoke, feeling like a child as both he and Phil felt some sort of responsibility to keep be safe from harm.

“I don’t understand how you can forgive me so easily” Dan’s head lifted, eyes gazing into mine with a hint of an unknown emotion sparkling in his chestnut irises.

“I never meant anything I said, I swear! I didn’t mean to hurt you or get angry, I was just so scared and confused” I pulled Dan in for another hug, sobs beginning to erupt from his lungs once again and his bare chest collided with my clothed one.

“Just promise me that you will never hurt me again, I don’t like it” I admitted, his warm breath hitting my neck almost comfortingly as I spoke.

“I promise” Dan mumbled into my neck, my skin dampened by the release of his tears.  

“I’m going to make everything up to you, I will do anything to make you happy” I held back my own tears of happiness. This must be a dream, I willwake up back in the concrete room or in the hallway after receiving that beating from Dan but no, this is real.

Dan’s P.O.V

I forced myself away from Darcy’s and I’s hug, goofy grins plastered on our faces as we stepped back from each other.

“I think we should talk to Phil now, for the last few days he had been really worried about me” I agreed and followed Darcy out of her room, wiping my eyes on the way and folding my arms which had erupted in goose bumps.

“Phil?” Darcy asked as we entered the living room. Phil was sat on the sofa, reading a book and as he looked up, he gave us a massive grin.

“I’m okay now, well, Dan and I are friends” Phil’s grin grew even wider and he jumped up out of his seat, embracing Darcy in a tight hug. I felt a pang of jealousy rang through my body but this time I knew that Darcy and Phil didn’t have anything between them, they were simply friends. I loved Darcy, being with her would be a dream though I had treated her badly for so long it was practically impossible.

“Dan, good to see you back to normal” Phil moved to hug me and patted my back comfortingly. I shot him a smile as we separated and faced Darcy whose cheeks had noticeably reddened.

“Uh Dan? You should probably put some clothes on” Darcy pointed out, and I realised I was only wearing my boxers through all of this. I scratched my shoulder awkwardly and walked backwards out of the room.

“Okay, but when I’m done, we are all going for lunch!” Darcy and Phil shouted their agreements in response and I ran to have a quick shower and change.