Surprise Escape!

Dan's P.O.V

I physically felt my heart sink when she said she didn't remember me or Phil. I felt my heart sink and my positivity disappear.

She had to remember...

She had to!

But the reality was that she didn't, and she wouldn't for a while.

I zoned out for the rest of their session, I was still processing my thoughts.

Darcy doesn't know I exist.

So technically, she doesn't love me.

And technically we aren't together.

And that set me off, tears starting to trail down my cheeks as I looked away from the window and to my phone where I then texted Phil the news, my fingers shaking.

He didn't respond, but I new he read the text as he was as anxious to know as I was. He was probably shocked too, and slightly angry like I was. If they would let me see her then she would remember me and Phil and where she lives and how she got there and everything would come together.

She would no longer have amnesia!

And as for her medication, she could take it at home! We could watch her 24/7 and if she even LOOKED like she might be having a fit we could drug her immediately! She didn't need to be at this stupid place, under constant pressure!

~a few days later~

I could tell from the look in her eyes and her body language that she hated this place as much as I did. She obviously didn't want to be there, and I didn't want her to be either.

It was one afternoon when the doctor was talking to her and I could tell she wasn't listening, she had dazed out, and suddenly she shouted at him.

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP I DON'T CARE AND I JUST WANT TO LEAVE!"

The doctors eyes widened and he placed one hand in his pocket as if getting ready to drug her. But she wasn't, she was just releasing built up anger.

"Darcy you ne-"

"SHUT UP!" She interrupted and stood up.

"I DON'T NEED TO BE IN THIS STUPID PLACE ANYMORE! I WILL GET MY MEMORY BACK NATURALLY AND ALL YOU ARE DOING IS PRESSURING ME! I HATE THIS PLACE AND I HATE EVERYTHING!" The small smile on my face faded.

"I HAVE BEEN BORED, LONELY AND SAD FOR OVER A WEEK!"

"DARCY!" The doctor shouted and stood up too.

"If you don't calm down now you will strain yourself and I will have to drug you. Then you will be here longer" But she didn't listen, instead she ran to the door and pushed it open.

My instincts kicked in immediately and I ran out into the hallway. Darcy had just got out of the door and as I stepped out of the little room she nearly ran I into me before coming to a halt and her eyes widened.

"Dan" She whispered before dropping to the floor and the doctor stood behind her, panting with the injection in his hand. I dropped to the floor, her voice ringing in my ears.

Dan.

Dan.

Dan.

She remembered me!

I grinned but before I could do anything, Darcy was being carried by another doctor back into her room. I walked back into the small room with a smile still on my face even though Darcy had been drugged again.

She remembered me!

DARCY REMEMBERED ME!

And even though the doctor explained that she would be asleep for twelve hours and she might have to stay even longer, I didn't care because Darcy remembered me.

"Will she still remember me when she wakes up?" I asked the doctor immediately after he explained everything.

"Yes, but this little outburst of hers might result in an extra week here" I nodded, texting Phil and he replied quickly with questions.

"I think I might go now, text me when she wakes up please?" I asked and the doctor agreed.

"Sure"